Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

It's so damn funny how everyone is afraid of solder mods, since that is were mods started. Don't anyone remember the 12c508 PIC soldered to the original Playstation?

If this is as simple as soldering a chip, 8 wires and switch inside a controller. I guess I will be selling a lot of modded controllers to the locals.

I also remember that frying my PsOne board... then again i had the chip inside was constantly running an action replay device.

I must have done close to 20 original PS, and more than 50 PS2 with the same PIC 12c508/9. I probably still have the original hex files on one of my hard drive backups (along with a DTV bootloader code, activation files, smardcard image backups, etc), I am a digital pack rat.

Quote Originally Posted by Breach View Post
    It's so damn funny how everyone is afraid of solder mods, since that is were mods started. Don't anyone remember the 12c508 PIC soldered to the original Playstation?

If this is as simple as soldering a chip, 8 wires and switch inside a controller. I guess I will be selling a lot of modded controllers to the locals.
    i remember doing many of the 29 wire mods for the original xbox before the more simple lpc mod came about. i programmed and installed many a pic chips for the original psx also, eventually a 5 wire version of the hex was released later.

some of the early to mid ps2 mods became a bit more difficult, soldering to the legs of those bios chips became a bit tedious to say the least.

i also have done a lot of F card and H card programming and unlooping in the early directv days also, but i lost interest after the HU cards came out.
    Last edited by kneehighspy; 09-25-2010 at 11:34 PM

I don't know why most people would think you could use this sort of mod without soldering. I believe the EEPROM (if it had enough space) would be read only without some sort of soldering solution, just like most xbox 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Breach View Post
    When I had my first PS1 I was too young to know about modding. Now in my mid 20's, having modded the ps2, xbox, wii, etc, just a few months ago I picked up a original Playstation for $7. Needless to say now I frequently program microcontrollers, and so I quickly programmed an ol' pic, and soldered that puppy in there.

Yes, I have never soldered a mod even though I am very proficient at soldering. I was too young/ didn't realize modding existed during ps1-psp and only got into modding when a friend asked if I would like mine modded. And my psp was already 4 years old.

The reason people don't like soldering is that its a very permanent solution and can cause irreversible harm to a expensive unit. They would rather have a softmod where they can remove it at will and less chance of irreversible harm. Also considering that the pins on a ps3 controller are relatively small one twitch of your hand could mean no controller.

This sucks, i figured a usb stick was the best plan for modding my ps3, I didn't wanna have to look for whatever device (ti84, psp, iphone, whatever) i would need to boot into debug mode. But now this comes along and seems like even less of a hassle... oh well maybe i can sell this maximus chip now.

It appears to be fake.
    "Es FAKE!!

Acaba de eliminar el video Sumenle que no haya puesto el supuesto tutorial, el hoyo en su control y el hecho de que cuando lo conecta este no se empieza a cargar.

Saludos"

Quote Originally Posted by minddagap View Post
    It appears to be fake.
    That was a post by some newb at elotrolado with 3 posts that joined just a couple of weeks ago...

Just wait a day or so and see if anything gets released... then you will KNOW if it's fake or not.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast