Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Montezumaa View Post
    Until this guy actually releases the information, speculation is really useless.
    You Sir are correct, +rep

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by JonahUK View Post
    If you press the PS button when charging only one light shows instead of the four.
    Yea but the second the ps3 turns on the thing starts charging, in the video it doesn't.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    the possibility that this was done is very very believable i have researched the chips in the controller and in numerous other device and found that a lot of devices are easily programmable if someone knows the proper coding language for that device.

Psgroove is a simple repeating code that could be easily converted to other systems with a little coding knowledge.

Hmmm, can't wait he will give us the tutorial.

i'm leaning toward this being a teensy in an old sixaxxis with a dpdt momentary switch that just allows the teensy access to the usb while the button is depressed. cause it seems to look like he's holding down the button while powering on the ps3 doing the power / eject then once the exploit is loaded, he releases the button, removes the usb cable then powers up the controller to show the exploit and controller works.

after rewatching the video, i notice he doesn't remove the usb cable, but during the power on sequence with the controller attached and while he's holding the back button, the controller receives no signal and lights up no lights on the controller. it's only after he releases the back button and hits the ps button to power up the controller do the controller power leds light up. this leads me to believe it's just a switch and a teensy board in the controller.
    Last edited by kneehighspy; 09-25-2010 at 10:11 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It needs soldering - my interest has dropped dramatically.

Might I remind you that a solderless solution could be accomplished with wireglue, or super glue and a gentle push (it's non-conductive).

Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post
    It needs soldering - my interest has dropped dramatically.
    So this is confirmed, it's a soldered mod?

Lol soldering isn't that scary just get a old circuit bored and do a few test runs you will see its really easy just don't use too much solder.

Banned User
    It might have something to do with the rapidfire mod he has on the controller, as in maybe he has been able to push code to a chip onboard but using the the 555 pic rapidfire mod that will send the pulse and work much in the same way as geohots sploit.

This is all speculation until he releases a tut on what to do.

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News