SuiteApp – Notepad For Your PS3 (WIP)
Remember TXT reader a while back? Yes, SuiteApp is a port of TXT reader but it’s running PSL1GHT SDK. Apart from the fact that it is utilizing an open source SDK, Fαbio Ferreira, the developer of this project will also add more features to this useful application for your PS3 console. Well, I may not always use a document viewer but when i do, it’s that important. icon smile SuiteApp Notepad For Your PS3 (WIP)
For now it’s a work in progress project, you might want to check the previous work of TXT reader by the same developer. Be aware though, Jailbroken PS3 owners who used older firmwares than 3.41 may no be able to use it because TXT reader (as far as i know) isn’t compiled with 1.92 SDK. Anyway, you can expect these features in the upcoming SuiteApp:
- Open a document;
- Fast reading;
- Settings page: Font size, screen lines, background color, font color;
- Supports now: *.txt, *.cpp, *.c, *.h, *.ini, *.bin, *.htm, *.aspx, *.php, *.asp, *.xml
- Now files big (e.g. 1 Gb) doesn’t take time to load
- Added option to download things (will be used for update and download/open files from websites)
- File Browser to select document
- Option to increase/decrease font size
- Option to increase/decrease number of lines of the document to be read
- Return to File Browser when you are inside a document (R3)
- Working in binary mode (for bin files)
Not now, but in the future facanferff has told me that an editor is on it’s way too. To know more about the progress of SuiteApp use #suiteapp in Twitter of just follow the developer of the project himself facanferff (twitter.com/facanferff).
Today I want to present to you my current version of it.
For those that want to know the features of this version, there are:
- Easy GUI (to be improved in future)
- File Browser
- Fast reading, no matter the size (e.g 2Gb)
- Support 299 file formats (no pdf, doc or chm yet)
- 11 Background colors available
- 13 Font colors available
- Font size adjustable (in Settings page)
- Screen lines adjustable (in Settings page)
- Set easily start line (in Settings page)
- About the app (L3 in document mode)
- Render pdf file from screen (Square in any mode, available in “/dev_hdd0/suiteapp.pdf”)
- Render png file from screen (Circle in any mode, available in “/dev_hdd0/game/SUIT11111/PNG/”)
- Return to File Browser (R3 in document mode)
Note: Render svg file from screen is ready and working but I decided to not include it for now.
Note2: You can click Select in document mode to exit. You can exit from XMB but it is faster with Select.