Video: PS3 Dynamic Theme Editor & Color Boot Animation Guides

Today zembor0 has released a PS3 Dynamic Theme Editor alongside Color Boot Animation guides and videos below.

Download: PS3 Dynamic Theme Editor (32-bit) / PS3 Dynamic Theme Editor (64-bit) / http://uploadpic.org/v.php?img=pz0wtgUW4o / http://uploadpic.org/v.php?img=GEjsHgJoSS / http://uploadpic.org/v.php?img=ztpLOf24e / http://uploadpic.org/v.php?img=jYn1rAEDMn / http://uploadpic.org/v.php?img=gluWNRrwlm

To quote: How to create a Custom Dynamic PS3 Theme

You will need:

1. Dynamic theme editor
    2. Photoshop
    3. Photoshop dds plugin Available here

In this guide I will show you how to make this:

Guide:

1. Run Dynamic theme editor and select Price of Persia

2. Select "open" under step 2. This will show you the folder of images that you can edit. In this guide I will edit “CircularSmoke_01.gtf_1” and “SOT_Theme_BackGround.gtf_1” and “TrilogyLogo.gtf_1”. Simple open photoshop, open each image in turn and copy and paste the provided images bellow into each dds file. You need to past it on the RGB layer and the alpha layer.

When you save the dds files, for prince of persia, use these settings: (If you get an invalid file size error make sure you have not changed the resolution of the picture and make sure when you save the picture the file size stays the same(You may need to change the MIP Map Generation))

3. If you want to change the icons in the xmb click the open button next to step 3. You can then edit the png files. Don’t change the resolution for format of the image.

4. Now click the theme details button and change them as you like.

5. Click the browser button and select where you want to save your theme.

6. The Prince of Persia theme that we are editing has lots of other pictures that we have not edited, so we don’t want to show them. This is where we ick which effects we want to remove. Tick them as shown:

7. Finally press start, you should see a black bock pop up at the bottom of that it will say “press enter”. So press enter when prompted. Now you should have your theme in you save destination.

How to Create Color PS3 Boot Logos:

How to create a custom colour boot logo

You will need:

1. Dynamic theme editor
    2. Photoshop
    3. Photoshop dds plugin http://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-adobe-photoshop

In this guide I will show you how to make this:

Color Boot Logo Guide:

First run Dynamic theme editor and select Angel Senki.

Select “open” next to step 2. This will show you the dds files belonging to this theme. In this guide you only need to edit “AS_chara01.gtf_1.dds”. Open “AS_chara01.gtf_1.dds” in photoshop and paste the RGB version below, in photoshop. You now need to edit the alpha version and paste the alpha version below into photoshop.
    • RGB
    • Alpha

Since we are not making a theme you do not need to edit the theme icons or set any theme details. So next click “browser” and select somewhere to save the theme file.

For the design we are making you need to tick all the tick boxes apart from “AS_chara01.edge”

Next click “start”, wait for a black box appears and what for it to say “Press enter”, then press enter.

There should now be a theme file in the destination that you selected, we don’t need that, now click on the “open” button next to step 3. This will show you the theme files, scroll down in till you find the file called Anim_1.jpg

Copy this file to a directory you will remember and rename it to “coldboot.raf”, you now have your coldboot.raf file to install.

Credits: Zembor0 and eustolio

Video: PS3 Dynamic Theme Editor & Color Boot Animation Guides

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

• File Type: png 41.png (75.0 KB, 117 views)
    • File Type: png 1.png (55.7 KB, 116 views)
    • File Type: png 11.png (61.7 KB, 113 views)
    • File Type: png 31.png (54.4 KB, 113 views)
    • File Type: png 5.png (12.8 KB, 115 views)
    • File Type: png 3.png (88.7 KB, 116 views)
    • File Type: png 21.png (88.9 KB, 114 views)
    • File Type: png 4.png (29.2 KB, 114 views)
    • File Type: png 51.png (63.3 KB, 114 views)
    • File Type: png 2.png (184.3 KB, 118 views)

Nice work... looking forward to see some excellent themes.

This is awesome! Can we install this in the "legal" way or does this only work with a CFW?

gimconv is always block in my vista ultimate 64 bits !! impossible to create a theme !!!

...de-activate Kaspersky and all work again.. Thanks !!!

I hope we can do same with Afrika theme.
    Last edited by Calimero Oeuf; 04-10-2011 at 08:06 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Finally, I waited a long time for this program.. congratulations for the excellent work.

When I have more time I will work to create some dynamic themes.

Just out of curiosity, what format are saved themes: .pkg, .p3t or .raf?

Please excuse me for my English.

.p3t file format and some are .pkg

Now that we can create dynamic themes and install them on normal non-jailbroken consoles Sony is gonna be mad because we won't have to buy their crappy over-priced dynamic themes from the ps store. And it seems as if we can deconstruct any purchased dynamic theme and re-pack it for anyone to install for free.

If you want some advice, use Paint.NET, which natively supports .DDS images. When you save your .DDS, chose "DXT5 (interpolated Alpha)" with "Iterative Fit (Slowest/HQ)". These settings gives you the best quality while keeping the file size exactly the same as the original DDS.

Here's a quick Call Of Duty dynamic theme I made, based of the Prince Of Persia one: http://ifile.it/kwgaltv/cod_bo.p3t

You can also make your theme use the default XMB icons. Just delete the whole "<icon>, </icons>" tags in the XML file of the base theme you're editing!
    Last edited by daveribz; 04-10-2011 at 08:20 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

could you fix the link i wanna made my own dynamic theme

Arrow

I have added new links to the first post for both the 32 and 64 bit versions now.

Wonder if somebody still has that colour boot logo from video, that full screen coldboot with those flying psx logos?