Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Video: PS3 40GB Service Mode Console Running PS2 Games

Sponsored Links
    Today D3M0N2009 shared a video from earlier this month courtesy of sonyk0 via YouTube.

The video from DemonHades demonstrates that PS3 40GB Service Mode consoles can actually play PS2 games, but the feature isn't unlocked for the retail counterparts to date.

As most suspect, Sony has been working on a PS2 software emulator for quite some time (since Firmware 2.5x), so the question is really when and how they will introduce it publically.. perhaps via PSN Store PS2 title updates, or just include it in a Firmware update, etc.

Those interested can check out the video below, enjoy!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Yeap

Sponsored Links
    This was my earlier thread post, but this is more Official.

IDK, it seems fake for me, it just raises the question on how they "unlocked" the feature.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It is real, however it was never "activated". That unit is a Factory/Service mode system, which are somewhat different from Retail PS3's. They can run without a hard disk drive, and do other "interesting" things, like play PS2 games via the emulator!

I thought this was dismissed a month ago as being fake with everyone saying its a 60gig console. Cjpc can you confirm that this is true? Have any of your devs tried it?

He already did, right above your post. -Rep for stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    It is real
    Quote Originally Posted by taladas20 View Post
    Cjpc can you confirm that this is true?

Banned User
    hmm, im still wondreing how he gets this red windows "PS3 Factory/Service Mode"

when i activate my service mode i only get this windows where i can choose between 6 or 7 options. like retstore hdd and install firmware and so on.

can someone explain how he got that mode? or is this in private testing and gets later released for the public?

That's cool I wonder if it will have any extra features built into its emulator compared to what the PS3's with PS2 backwards computability have right now.

factory/service mode

I recently obtained one of the ps3 in this mode, does anybody know how to "exit" it?

Thanks

I didn't think that the PS3 could play ps2 games!

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by cilset View Post
    I recently obtained one of the ps3 in this mode, does anybody know how to "exit" it?

Thanks
    There is no way "yet" to restore retail fw on these.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgordonwillis View Post
    I didn't think that the PS3 could play ps2 games!
    All of the launch consoles could,... later it was taken out of the more recent models... but it's looking more and more like they will be adding it back through software emulation.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News