Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I mentioned this in another post already, but I'm curious if the solution might not be simpler, and if there's a way we could mod a Sixaxis to act like the Jailbreak upon USB connection with the system.

Possibly having a simple, solderable mod chip package added directly to a Sixaxis.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    In the video he signs into PSN as when he boots up the PS3 it says Signed In as usual.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by tripellex View Post
    I mentioned this in another post already, but I'm curious if the solution might not be simpler, and if there's a way we could mod a Sixaxis to act like the Jailbreak upon USB connection with the system.

Possibly having a simple, solderable mod chip package added directly to a Sixaxis.
    Technically not impossible indeed but might not be really worth the effort apart of the initial wow effect - you'd most probably need to add an USB hub inisde the controller as well making all more complicated and heavy plus all the hassle with taking the controller apart and possibility of damaging it by soldering unless some kind of clipp on only solution would be provided.

Quote Originally Posted by tripellex View Post

Hello,

Sorry, but i don't get it. What's the point? In what modifying a sixaxis would be simpler? From what we know now, its no big deal soldering a jailbreak dongle: 1 MCU and a couple of resistors/capacitors. Few pins used on the MCU. No really, it's no big deal. The hardware part seems by far the simplest. What is needed is the program (dumping the mcu eeprom if possible).

I agree with NoisilySilent there's no point modifying the controller as it could damage the controller and could be doing some heavy soldering to the current board when instead you create a simple jailbreak dongle which would be much simpler.

But i do see why you think it would be better to do so because when Sony block off the dongles ids in their next firmware update but they can't block off the six axis controller even though its modified.

Quote Originally Posted by TRib View Post
    So if they re gonna release a PC driver for it, there shouldn't be a problem to read whats in it after.
    Should be doable indeed...
    Quote Originally Posted by aamir007 View Post
    But i do see why you think it would be better to do so because when Sony block off the dongles ids in their next firmware update but they can't block off the six axis controller even though its modified.
    Indeed!

That would be some kinda trojan horse
    Last edited by NoisilySilent; 08-26-2010 at 02:47 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yes it would be, but I don't think it would work that way, since we would need to emulate the jig stick in the controller it would still be blocked

you dont even need that to add a modchip to the sixaxis (Intensifire Controler Mod) if one was moddifed to handshake the ps3 correctly then we may be able to do it...

i dont think will be a free version!!!! i order it from discoazul last week and i will have it next week!!

i order a lot of things from this site and i trust them!! 109euro including post!!!

To each his own, but I BET that there is a softmod before this year has ended.

And even if we need to build our own JIG to use it, it'll only be a few dollars.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News