Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 102



  1. #11
    Registered User zeromx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    221
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is some great development, maybe this may help with the CFW development...

  2. #12
    Contributor dante489's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    90
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes03 View Post
    What firmware did the original slim come with?

    Does this mean we can have linux on the slim as we could downgrade to 3.15?
    my slim was at a lower firmware than 3.15, it was 3.01!

  3. #13
    Registered User innahouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    12
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    After all that bs from PS Jailbreak (keep that BM in mind which they offerd us as "GROUNDBREAKING" ) at least something... Anyway... I had my hopes on them being able to do a custom firmware or something to be able to get 3.50 firmware working...

  4. #14
    Senior Member TheShroomster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    286
    It's interesting to note, that the downgrade can only be used once. Our source explained "1 time downgrade, cannot downgrade more then once, or to a lower firmware after you choose which firmware"

    What does this mean? the downgrader self destruct after 1 use? what happens if you downgrade then upgrade? is there no going back again and why?

  5. #15
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    508
    I just watched the video. It doesn't show anything about downgrading. They can easily upgrade and cut/paste the video to make you think its downgrading.

    It looks so fake. I can make that video too in about 1 hour, and that's from now to the time its uploaded on youtube. Or if its not cut/paste it can be a 2nd console with the mac address spoofed to look like the same console. The video has been cut/paste already so this is not proof of a downgrade.

    If they wanted to really prove it then show it in action without cutting the video to prove it actually downgraded.

    I will wait till someone else with an actual PSJailbreak says it works. Till then I will say its fake.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Natepig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShroomster View Post
    It's interesting to note, that the downgrade can only be used once. Our source explained "1 time downgrade, cannot downgrade more then once, or to a lower firmware after you choose which firmware"

    What does this mean? the downgrader self destruct after 1 use? what happens if u downgrade then upgrade? is there no going back again and why?
    They have obviously put some protection measures to stop one dongle downgrading more than one ps3, to help drive sales of their device. Judging by all the talented people in the scene i'm sure it will not take long to clone the function.

  7. #17
    Forum Moderator PS3 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    27,916
    Quote Originally Posted by natepig View Post
    Judging by all the talented people in the scene i'm sure it will not take long to clone the function.
    You are 100% right there, and also the question that comes to mind is... if you aren't using Linux and already have a JailBroken PS3 is there any benefit in the ability to downgrade?

  8. #18
    Senior Member Natepig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    727
    Quote Originally Posted by Jes03 View Post
    I just watched the video. It doesn't show anything about downgrading. They can easily upgrade and cut/paste the video to make you think its downgrading.

    It looks so fake. I can make that video too in about 1 hour, and that's from now to the time its uploaded on youtube. Or if its not cut/paste it can be a 2nd console with the mac address spoofed to look like the same console. The video has been cut/paste already so this is not proof of a downgrade.

    If they wanted to really prove it then show it in action without cutting the video to prove it actually downgraded.

    I will wait till someone else with an actual PSJailbreak says it works. Till then I will say its fake.
    I think this is real... Something has been brewing all week and last.

  9. #19
    Senior Member TheShroomster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    You are 100% right there, and also the question that comes to mind is... if you aren't using Linux and already have a JailBroken PS3 is there any benefit in the ability to downgrade?
    If you could go back and forth i could see a benefit. You could play new games that the jailbreak won't play then switch back to play your hombrew.

  10. #20
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    508
    Is it me or is the video going back in time?

    At 1:35 it says the time is 8:05am then at 2:15 it says its now 8:00AM
    Told ya its cut/paste and fake.

    It also looks like there are 3 different consoles as everything keeps changing. The resolution and backgrounds and colors.

 

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News