Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Video: Project to Run PS1/PS2 Back-ups on PS3 with a Mod-Chip

Sponsored Links
    The DemonHades Spanish PS3 Development team has been working on a project which aims to utilize a mod-chip to run PS1 and PS2 back-ups on a PS3 console without opening it or using switches and have posted up a concept video today.

According to one individual with a highly questionable reputation, this concept project could work because PS1/PS2 discs are authenticated only once on the VSH though liblv2 and the PIC chip would just automate it.

However, if Sony updates liblv2.sprx and more specifically ps1rom.bin so the emulated mechacon is updated it could be patchable.

Finally, to roughly translate from the video's caption:

"This video montage shows the operation of the chip that we are developing to load copies of PS1 and PS2 (if you're retro) in the PS3.

This video shows how to work, without leaving the console open and without switches etc out.

More information on the development of moddchip www.demonhades.org."

Video: Project to Run PS1/PS2 Back-ups on PS3 with a Mod-Chip

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb Project: Modchip PS1/PS2 in PlayStation 3 with free retro PS1/Slim

Sponsored Links
    Well, that friends like I can not stand still want to propose an idea only to stakeholders (interested only bold) with Playstation3, which provide for backward compatibility (for PS2 backups and homebrew on the PS2) to create a moddchip, and in order to upload backups of the games both Playstation 1 and Playstation 2 without being nailed on the psn therefore be clear that for soft we will not have anything, so it's time to wake from that dream so pleasant and known as cf.

Back to reality wing (modchips of life, those who shared unforgettable moments with the ps1, ps2 and that we complained to be a chip, etc.), the only real and not fantasies loaders, is the manipulation by hardware.Y free up, and would publish all the material, and the software to program the pic etc

In models without retro slim ps1 backups may charge (think, do not get nailed in the psn) and those of you 3.15 or less have to update in order to have gems like FFIX

If you are interested in the subject please read this for more info, source: [Register or Login to view links]

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    If this develops further I will move it to the Site News... right now it seems like just an idea, but still would be a cool concept.

Banned User
    i think it's a nice project but devs should put all there work into the main problem. getting the keys/getting all informations to provide a custom firmware.

with a custom firmware there is no need for a chip. you can make it software based. so my opinion is to work 100% on getting a custom firmware instead of spread out all ideas for other things to get backups running.

greetings
    Warrorar

Read the whole topic on DH forums and the picture explanation is pretty good.

A PIC chip is really cheap, and I mean CHEAP. Fooling the BD drive is not the titanic effort as cracking the ps3 security. Fooling the drive so you can eject and swap discs could be done in a couple of weeks by experienced coders. I'm in for testing, since I'm a freak for old games and gems.

I'm just asking how this can be done (read and swap disk) because are all actions to do in the XMB and the nand of the PS3 is quite encrypted and I would prefer this can be done with the PS3 game also if impossible cause the each key for each game in the rom mark of the Bluray Discs.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrorar View Post
    i think it's a nice project but devs should put all there work into the main problem. getting the keys/getting all informations to provide a custom firmware.

with a custom firmware there is no need for a chip. you can make it software based. so my opinion is to work 100% on getting a custom firmware instead of spread out all ideas for other things to get backups running.

greetings
    Warrorar
    CFW = detectable and so not an option. We will get ban waves like Xbox360 had and still has.

PIC = not detectable for as far as we know there are no sensormodules in the PS3 that monitor powerusage etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrorar View Post

greetings
    Warrorar
    PS3's Security is very very strong, so it will be a bit easier to make Mod Chip, than CREATE a Custom Firmware to Play PS1/PS2 backups, and this method by Modchip installation Teorically cant be fixed at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy12 View Post
    I'm just asking how this can be done (read and swap disk) because are all actions to do in the XMB and the nand of the PS3 is quite encrypted and I would prefer this can be done with the PS3 game also if impossible cause the each key for each game in the rom mark of the Bluray Discs.
    Well siggy for starters we already can play ps1 and ps2 backups on the ps3, the only drawback is you have to make a hole literally on the top cover of your ps3 or have it open all the time. This is done with the swap magic disc. Theres also a mod with a switch to eject the drive so you can close the ps3 but some people have reported that this mod can kill your BD drive.

The goal here is just to make a mod chip so you dont have to open or cut a hole in the cover of your ps3, making your ps3 believe the disc is still inside, eject avoiding the reset and running the ps1 or ps2 backup. It can be done in my opinion in a couple of weeks since its like I said not the titanic effort to hack the security, all the validations are there and its more a hardware fool.

This image even though its in spanish explains what they are trying to accomplish, it explains it really good so I think its worth posting it.

credit goes to: zeborg from DH forums.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

ps3swapdiagram.jpg  

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News