Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Video: OtherOS Supported on 3.21OO PS3 Custom Firmware

Sponsored Links
    Here is a video demoing my "custom firmware". I would have added something showing off the new features of 3.21, but oh wait, there aren't any.

This can be installed without having to open up your PS3, just by restoring a custom generated PUP file.

It's possible this CFW will also work on the slim to actually *enable* OtherOS; I'll know when my infectus gets here.

No release date yet, use the proxy hack to play online with 3.15

Note to the people who removed OtherOS, you are potentially turning 100000+ legit users into "hackers."

More PlayStation 3 News...

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

Exclamation Video: OtherOS Supported on 3.21OO PS3 Custom Firmware

Sponsored Links
    i will wait till there is enough knowledge what could happen to your ps3.

i don't wanna see my console getting banned from psn store because of cfw.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well obviously wait it out and see what happens to other ppls consoles, i do that with legit FW updates even but my question is will this CFW allow me to change my firmware to another CFW from another group (like demonhades) if another OFW update isent released by than (allowing the normal .pup flash)

i'm almost positive that geohot won't allow anything i'm interested in to run like emulation and such hes already stated hes agains piracy and in order to actually pirate we would need the ability to run unsighned code like emulation and things like that (which is what i like).

as far as bans from PSN i don't see that one happening nothing like that ever happened to PSP what so ever so i doubt sony will take action on the PS3 (like baning a PSN/console) they'll just launch another OFW to counter it like thay did with PSP and well be playing this constant game of cat and mouse (hacker and sony) for them to shut us down and out again just like with the PSP.

Now that this is done. I hope that he will start sharing all his findings so that all dev's can work together to do what people have asked for for a long time! Refer to the thread "What do you hope to see when the PS3 is hacked?".

This surely must be one step closer. I reckon to keep abreast of $ony, now is the time for him and all dev's to get closer and stand together and share more findings as it comes along - obviously in a closed environment where their findings are protected untill they feel the need to make it public. Well done to him...

Geohot will try to return support OtherOS on Ps3 Slim?

Will be good to see whether this new PUP is just a mash-up of 3.15 and 3.20 components, or whether he's found a weakness in the update process that allow unsigned (or fake-signed) code to be flashed.

Interesting times, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie Pie View Post
    Will be good to see whether this new PUP is just a mash-up of 3.15 and 3.20 components, or whether he's found a weakness in the update process that allow unsigned (or fake-signed) code to be flashed.

Interesting times, eh?
    Just what i was pondering...

ok now this starts to get interesting.... i realy hope that geohot will share how he has done this but not with the open comunity maybe a small group of Devs that could help him work twards ethical goal (Full RSX support in linux).

but back to the subject at hand this means one of two things geo has figured out how to run unsigned code (opening up ps3 to a number of aplications) or he has mearly mashed 3.15 and 3.21 together and sumhow managed to keep the signatures intact. either way this could be our golden ticket into flashing a other custom code into the firmware.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Portac View Post
    Geohot will try to return support OtherOS on Ps3 Slim?
    Probably not, see here for how it's likely to work: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post287907

Is it really the best idea to share each and every aspect of the hack/hacking process out in the open, where anyone and everyone can see? (Like those that you don't want to see).

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News