Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    He said he "modified" the PUP, but does that mean it's now a homebrew file? I really need more info on that.

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Hortlo View Post
    I believe the debug units have a PUP that can be used to downgrade to lower FW. Maybe he might release it for current 3.21 users. Anyone out there can you please speculate on how he signed his CFW to run on retail and how he activated other os again? Was it just a matter of checking flags etc?
    if you have full lv2 dump you can do whatever you want with ps3 sign checks will removed, bypassed, cracked,r eplaced in no time if he maked a cfw and says you can install it. this means he already have kernel mode exploit in lv2 at least 1 and throught it he can: create isoloader, inject in fw pirate copy loader and more very nice things.

Sponsored Links

Wink

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Raze1988 View Post
    He said he "modified" the PUP, but does that mean it's now a homebrew file? I really need more info on that.
    Was also thinking about that!

Hmmm... maybe he only edit text? Change 3.15 to 3.21, and change MAC to ff:ff:ff:ff:ff. One week after new firmware relased, we/he have CFW... I think it's so simple.

i'm dying to get my hands on that CFW! i really don't need it right now but i think that when GT5 comes out it will require at least that firmware version, and for now it's the only game i really want so when i get it i'll probably need to update one way or another! Great work!!

Wink

well my slim is on 3.21 but if sony comes out with another Update Firmware soon i am not going to update , even tho i have the slim, i'm sure there will be some kind of homebrew for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hortlo View Post
    Doesn't PS2 emu still require the graphic synth chip like in the older ps3's?
    only the 60GB model to my knolage has the PS2 hardware (the emotion engine) the 80GB BC version has emulation ran via software as far as chips and what not i haven't a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by 1st View Post
    Hmmm... maybe he only edit text? Change 3.15 to 3.21, and change MAC to ff:ff:ff:ff:ff. One week after new firmware relased, we/he have CFW... I think it's so simple.
    I've had the same thought, but I'll reserve judgement for a while. I wonder how exactly PSN determines what firmware you have. Wouldn't it be ironic if simply changing the version string effectively makes it "3.21" as far as PSN is concerned? Geohotz would in some way be technically correct.

homebrew damn it , with backup loader as a second option i just lost Metal Gear Solid 4 to a scratch.

Lightbulb

guys don't update your ps3's no more, even if we cant get linux back, we might get homebrew and all kind of stuff.

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News