Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thats fantastic to watch. i'm guessing in under a year there will be some sort of homebrew code running on Ps3's. even if it is just limited loaders. once other ppl start to make more findings, or if geohot releases enough info for other ppl to work with. Good job.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by korn16ftl3 View Post
    well obviously wait it out and see what happens to other ppls consoles, i do that with legit FW updates even but my question is will this CFW allow me to change my firmware to another CFW from another group (like demonhades) if another OFW update isent released by than (allowing the normal .pup flash)

i'm almost positive that geohot won't allow anything i'm interested in to run like emulation and such hes already stated hes agains piracy and in order to actually pirate we would need the ability to run unsighned code like emulation and things like that (which is what i like).

as far as bans from PSN i don't see that one happening nothing like that ever happened to PSP what so ever so i doubt sony will take action on the PS3 (like baning a PSN/console) they'll just launch another OFW to counter it like thay did with PSP and well be playing this constant game of cat and mouse (hacker and sony) for them to shut us down and out again just like with the PSP.
    Same here, but I seriously doubt that he would make an effort and prevent people to use homebrew on his CFW. He just won't share any info on how to possibly run homebrew apps.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    How is it possible for him to alter the mac address? If you can do that, it wont matter if $ony bans people from the networks.

You can come back on another address.
    Last edited by OGroteKoning; 04-07-2010 at 04:46 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Is this CFW available, can people who already have the official 3.21 use it? Any indication on any limitations of using the CFW?

Quote Originally Posted by OGroteKoning View Post
    How is it possible for him to alter the mac address? If you can do that, $it wont matter if $ony bans people from the networks. You can come back on another address.
    more likely he was just able to change what is shown just like he did here.

Quote Originally Posted by CompTronicsTec View Post
    Is this CFW available, can people who already have the official 3.21 use it? Any indication on any limitations of using the CFW?
    - Not available yet
    - He said it's only going to work on 3.15 or lower
    - We don't know more yet

Quote Originally Posted by OGroteKoning View Post
    How is it possible for him to alter the mac address? If you can do that, it wont matter if $ony bans people from the networks. You can come back on another address.
    Unless it sends the serial number..

I believe the debug units have a PUP that can be used to downgrade to lower FW. Maybe he might release it for current 3.21 users. Anyone out there can you please speculate on how he signed his CFW to run on retail and how he activated other os again? Was it just a matter of checking flags etc?

i hope he can also (re-)enable the Ps2 emulation.

Question

Doesn't PS2 emu still require the graphic synth chip like in the older ps3's?

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News