Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Once the first cf will be created we will have no more to worry about if we know the algorhythm for crrypting/decrypting, even if changed, key will be always found with reverse-engineering, am i wrong?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think if they want, they could probably change the whole encryption process for newer titles to counter holes in the current one(s).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by pepijndamen View Post
    I think if they want, they could probably change the whole encryption process for newer titles to counter holes in the current one(s).
    A few days ago, to play GOW III i have been forced to update, to 3.15, the update was inside the disk. i believe we will have a big deal in the next future, cause it will be the cat and mouse game sony will force us to update and the will release a CF to run unsigned code

bottom line fellas, we all want our cake & eat it too.

i'm sure most of us that have 360's on here have them modded, then we have the audacity to get angry because microsoft drops the ban hammer. this time to get real, i play backups PERIOD. i feel that, if your going to steal a talented coders hard work, dont throw it in his face. i could care less if i lose the ability to play online, if i'm playing a backup, since i should have BOUGHT the game in the first place. the more they teach us the dumber we get.

i'm all for ps3 homebrew, iso loaders, George Foreman grills, whatever!!! but have the common courtesy to draw the line somewhere. sony allows the online service to be cost free (unlike microsoft) so why mess up a good thing.

if the "Ipod god" can pull it off, that's great, but remember $ony will take action to protect their baby.

Quote Originally Posted by 1st View Post
    Hmmm... maybe he only edit text? Change 3.15 to 3.21, and change MAC to ff:ff:ff:ff:ff. One week after new firmware relased, we/he have CFW... I think it's so simple.
    Sadly - that was first what came to my mind too.

I think the very first CFW's will be patched to hell by $ony, but eventually the hackers will implement ways to hide their CFW from the huge eye on top of $ony HQ.

Here's a thought for devs (if this something you can foresee): What if we'd only need 3.15/OtherOS for the first time we'd install some kind of "Homebrew Center" on the XMB? I imagine it would be an application which lets us run unsigned code, even if we updated to 3.21 and eventually X.XX. So we basically have our open door on a legit FW.

This is ofc only an option if the update process doesn't detect and delete this app.

Lightbulb

Perhaps we may be able to spoof future FW versions. If he was able to return other OS surely he can enable debug features as well..

I don't think that won't make any change. To my understandings, the exploit is used to get an isolated spu bruteload metldr, to encrypt/decrypt anything thrown at it.

They could change the crypto engine, that would just need an updated version of metldr. They could limit the execution of metldr thru the HV, whatever, the purpose of the exploit is to run code (like metldr) without having the HV aware of that execution.

I'll stick with a firmware race between Sony and the teams buildings cfw in the near future.

ps : that are my actual understandings of the situation, in no way i'm claiming this explaination is an absolutely true picture of what's going on

Banned User
    no they can't.. the enc key isnt changebale if i understood right. so if the key is revealed, the system will be broken.

Lightbulb

Another Idea... Can he change the FW Update from 3.21 to 3.22 so people who already updated can Update to 3.22 to get OtherOS back ?!?

(Yes i think you have to reformat your HDD but would it be possible?)

Sponsored Links
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News