Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Video: MotorStorm PS3 Hack - Exploit to Run PS3 Backups!

Sponsored Links
    Today MysticHades has posted a video on YouTube of a MotorStorm PS3 hack that has once again surfaced (it originally hit [Register or Login to view links] and PS3News.com this past November), demonstrating an exploit used to run PS3 backups.

He has also set up a [Register or Login to view links] with links to a [Register or Login to view links] and the related [Register or Login to view links].

Below is a roughly translated version of the French tutorial with a better English translation by stef1578 HERE:

Currently, due to time constraints, I will not detail each step, I just put the key actions you need to do.

REMINDER: ONLY VIRGIN BLU-RAYS FUNCTIONS, DVDS DO NOT WORK

NOTE: GAMES PS1/PS2 INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE EXPLOIT

Step 1: Install Ubuntu on your PS3 (or kubuntu)
    Step 2: Install Windows XP on Ubuntu
    Step 3: Install CloneCD on Windows XP and connect to network another PC so has seen in My Network Places. I do not know if AnyDVD HD is necessary, but I installed it for me
    Step 4: Open CloneCD, select new image, insert the game, select "Protected PC Game", change the extension to ISO.
    Step 5: Ripper Blu-Ray on PC via network favorites.
    Step 6: Burn with ImgBurn (or CloneCD) in 1X on the PC or has been ripped game

Here is the original Spanish post, roughly translated:

DEMONH seen... was waiting for the right moment to break the news but good to say it and so we can finish with such nonsense condensed crellendo people who are still superior.

PS3 backups load thanks to an exploit discovered when it is considered necessary is to upload a video showing the event. My way of working will protect this exploit and not give details of how this occurs so that might not make the same mistakes of the past.

You have to patch both updates as other functions, the iso is not worth anyone... It requires a different process than those generated in linux are not worth keeping the encryption layer.

The exploit creates a CheckStop that generates a reboot and does not load everything back into memory but the function of pre patched disk and run the new copy.

The models are tested 40/60/80. The games tested are 3, Killzone 2, Burnout Paradise and PES 2008.

And this is all for now I will not talk any more about it and I hope this thread remains to discuss the jtag, because if I opened this investigation was to help people who have my same problem... broken plate reader pior testing.

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    I have moved your post from the other thread into its own Teadra6 since this topic is different than the Zpack one and +Rep.

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
    Props to you!

I navigated to the "Tutorial" section of his guide" in pdf, for curious, I quote:
    Step 1: Install Ubuntu on your PS3 (or kubuntu)
    Step 2: Install Windows XP on Ubuntu
    Step 3: Install CloneCD on Windows XP and connect to network another PC so has seen in My Network Places. I do not know if AnyDVD HD is necessary, but I installed it for me
    Step 4: Open CloneCD, select new image, insert the game, select "Protected PC Game", change the extension to ISO.
    Step 5: Ripper Blu-Ray on PC via network favorites.
    Step 6: Burn with ImgBurn (or CloneCD) in 1X on the PC or has been ripped game
    Edit: It includes even save file!

Looks obviously fake to me, because he suggests install XP just to make BD-image (you can make it in Linux easily), but maybe I've overlooked something?
    Last edited by Tidusnake666; 01-03-2010 at 07:23 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    1 - Dark Fake Video "Allways"
    2 - PS3 fan - jellous of x360 being Hacked and Not Having One.
    3 - Pen Drive ? - Disk Ripp ? That was Fun.

The last one is just Hope of ps3 being Hacked

So... i hope its not a fake,but some wishes when he says its real:

1. when its not blu ray but dvd or dvd dl, could you please insert the z pack disc in a pc and show a picture of index,
    2. also the usb dongle, maybe he could pack a rar archive of the usb device
    3. a pdf of the z pack manual
    4. a video with light in the room, you can also go out of view if you angry about illegally stuff...

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Teadra6 View Post
    another Fake for 2010 (Ok 11/24/2009 )
    It's not a fake

It was a project with demonhades about motorstorm exploit

Quote Originally Posted by ati93 View Post
    It's not a fake

It was a project with demonhades about motorstorm exploit
    Oups

I can't test because I have not Blu-ray burner

Bye

demonhades its a clown, lie everytime.

Banned User
    I saw with my eyes how it works

It's not a fake

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by ternerito View Post
    demonhades its a clown, lie everytime.
    This method is actually old but legit, believe it or not, however it only works for a few older titles.

Our original thread on it is here, now resurrected: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...ps-108655.html

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News