Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    I have moved your post from the other thread into its own Teadra6 since this topic is different than the Zpack one and +Rep.
    Thanks, I've found a blu-ray burner from a friend, but I will try not before two week

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    someone translate the whole vid please.

Also I doubt an actual dev is immature enough to put up a fake, but you never know. I recently bought a used copy of motorstorm (lucky me), but I have no bluray burner or blurays to test, and that'd cost my left kidney so....

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    someone translate the whole vid please.
    Agreed.. if someone who is fluent in French can translate the video I will +Rep you. Unfortunately I can't follow Spanish or French beyond what Google is able to translate.

What I can tell you though is that this whole method was first investigated back in March of last year (see my post HERE).

For the rest, an $CE doc dubbed "Disc Boot Game Patch Programming Guide" was leaked on the Spanish site Elotrolado here (link is dead now though): [Register or Login to view links]

Based on that doc though, several Devs including DemonHades and SKFU began experimenting with what could be done and they ended up finding a few games (mentioned in the first post here) that happened to work.

For those who want to see the leaked doc, it's available here (tinyurl.com/yjdlpfs), but don't post it on our site as we do not allow such material here.

Hopefully this will give the non-Spanish/French people here a better understanding of how this all came about and help to confirm the legitimacy of this now dated method.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Agreed.. if someone who is fluent in French can translate the video I will +Rep you.
    i'll try to translate it in a correct english..
    here is a translation, in advence sorry for my bad english

So, the big line are :
    I’ve a PS3 40gb first revision.. so a FAT.

I plug my sixasix, so i proof there is no other ps3 behind.

We need motorsport, the first, i’ve the platinium and i don’t know if it work with the non platinium.

«He speaks about the resolution»

So he runs the game, we have an information because we are in 1080p
    Now, we have to eject motorstorm, there is a freeze.

«back on the xmb...»

Now, we have to insert the backup, here i’ve PES 08

This trick work only with blank blureay, doesn’t work with blank dvd/cd...

There is no crash, we are back on the xmb, we can start the game.

That works with an overfload of the CPU.
    There is a SPE, which one «work never» this name is de hyperviseur, and, he’s locked when there is an overfload..
    During this time, the other core works (there is 8spe and one of them is never used, well he’s used but it’s because it’s de superviseur... hyperviseur, i don’t remember).

When he’s locked (hyperviseur), the ps3 crach because, there are no secure anymore, and it’s during this timae that you can run a realy short unisgned code (this unsigned code here is to say that it’s an original game)...

«he speaks about PES 08»

So we have the potentiel to lunch an unsigned code...

We have to eject the game because it’s a backup

«when i re-insert the backup, doesn’t work anymore»

«He shows information about the ps3.. (Version 3.10) and he says that it’s the last version.)

So, if you developed an isoloader, and you burn it on a blueray, it should work, i’m not sur at 100% but if we can lunch an unisgned code... it must work...

«he sorry because the vidéo is posted a little bit late...»
    Last edited by stef1578; 01-03-2010 at 11:09 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So, if you developed an isoloader, and you burn it on a blueray, it should work, i’m not sur at 100% but if we can lunch an unisgned code... it must work...
    could we start homebrew with this exploit?

CJPC?

Quote Originally Posted by sirou View Post

CJPC?
    Don't think so. Is it a exploit? It's a kind of trick isn't it? Demonhades have a Thread in their Forum where they talk about "Checkstops"

I think there is a kind of Checkstop and this allow us to load and start a burned Blu-Ray.

But which games work? And why aren't not all Games working?

Cheers Igi

you mean unsigned code so if the hypervisor stops working it will not check any code maybe we can isntall the pkgs that we sent to ps3 via proxy on the last firmware true me if im wrong (can it be happen with motorstorm pacific rift because save files are same)
    Last edited by mekisi; 01-03-2010 at 11:53 AM

Quote Originally Posted by stef1578 View Post
    i'll try to translate it in a correct english..
    here is a translation, in advence sorry for my bad english
    Thanks stef1578 and +Rep! I updated the first post with a link to your translation also.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirou View Post

CJPC?
    CJPC may respond later today with a more detailed reply, but the short answer is no. As I mentioned above, this has been around since March 5th of last year and nothing more has come of it. As it only works with a few older games it's not likely to be much use beyond making a few videos of it for the initial "wow" factor.

I´m Confused: SKFU
    There is apparently another layer of encryption on the ps3 discs which is then decrypted by software on the gameos (lv2 does the job) and which linux cannot bypass, this also means that all the "scene releases" done up to now are garbage since they are all encrypted (eboot.bin usually is since it appears the developers chose what files to encrypt, usually everything in USRDIR is encrypted but they can chose to decrypt anything but eboot.bin)

Also part of the key required to decrypt the EBOOT.BIN itself is also stored within the rom mark, this adds another security layer preventing people from "just" decrypting all the disc layers and executing the game from an unsecured media.
    Why can he boot with this bypass check the Gamedisc? That make no sense!

Quote Originally Posted by mekisi View Post
    you mean unsigned code so if the hypervisor stops working it will not check any code maybe we can isntall the pkgs that we sent to ps3 via proxy on the last firmware true me if im wrong (can it be happen with motorstorm pacific rift because save files are same)
    Why install pkgs?
    With this trick, exploit or whatever. You can play some burned Blu-rays.

But question at the Devs here: Why we can play only some games?

What makes them different?
    And is it a Trick or a exploit (I mean can we put our Code on a Blu-ray without the sign-tools, don't think so) ?

Cheers igi

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News