No my external stays connected to my pc and my usb stick is only 8gb I would really like to know too how some people claim to have it working from internal.
Hey dude, I finally found out why I get the EBOOT.BIN not found when trying to run the game from intern and with patch enabled.. What will you pay me to tell you ?? Haha.. Anyway here is how you run the game even from internal with no problems :
- First delete the datas of the game if there are already installed datas in your ps3
- Transfer the folder where all your game datas and files to the following path "/dev_hdd0/GAMEZ" using the built-in FTP server in Gaia rc9 and any FTP client in your PC, like FileZilla . Remember, only in this path, and not any other like Laun1234 or OMAN if you want to use Gaia. My fault was that I used the old path, the LAUN1234 which was used by the first Backup Manager.
- Now to navigate to the GAMEZ folder inside Gaia itself, hit the SELECT + START buttons, it will ask you if you wanna install games in LAUN1234 , click NO, then OMAN , click NO also, then it will tell you that the default folder now for installing games will be GAMEZ, where you have to transfer your game in .
- enable the MEM patch mode ( L1 ) , and start the game. You may get a screen telling you that the EBOOT.BIN is not correct or something similar, I don't remember the message, just select YES to correct the permission, then start the game again and it will throw you to the XMB.
- With an original disc in the tray, start the game and let it install the datas, then enjoy the game
I hope everything is clear now for everyone who gets the EBOOT.BIN not found.
Here is what I do and got EA Sports working perfectly:
I have Hermes V4b on my Ti-84plus
I have Dean's latest Manager
I used the Param.sfo (from Modmate) a couple of pages back, I replaced mine with that one.
what I did when you select the game in the manager, Dean's will ask do you want to load without going back to XMB.
Pick yes and it started it asked to install data files and it did.
Now a working EA Sport MMA (it's better than UFC too)
Excellent. So this is all installed & running from the internal HDD right? Were you able to install MOH: Frontlines?
Can you tell me how to flash my chip to Hermes V4b?
Yes from Internal... I didn't try to install Frontlines yet, but I don't see any problem for doing that.
About flashing your chip, well each board has its method I guess, I have Open Kubus USB dongle, I use Flip3.4.2 program, after I start the program in Windows, I press a button on my usb dongle and keep it pressed then connect it to any free USB input in my PC, then release the button.
After that I use the program to choose the correct hex file and finish the flashing. I am not sure if every chip and board uses the same method, you have to search for the matched method for your chip, buddy.
Thanks a lot mate. You been a big help. I'll check with my dealer as to what chip I have and I'll check the procedure for flashing it to Hermes V4b. In case I have any queries, I'll PM you. How are the loading times for MOH? In the video, it seemed to take forever (almost 3 mins) to load the first level. Does it really take that long?