Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have now moved it to the main page, and +Rep for the news natepig.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is great! Can someone make it for 3.41?

The 3.55CFW is already out there but I don't want to update to 3.55, I want to stick with 3.41 so I can play my backups and current homebrew.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Next step is to take 3.55 FW and patch it to allow to run unsigned code, then we don't need dongles at all any more. Relatively easy patch when compared to the work it took to get here.

Is this correct?

- Can be used to allow 3.55 to install and run homebrew (if it's been signed for 3.55)

- If you install this as a CFW for 3.41 you can install and run current homebrew without the need of a jailbreak device

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by lundman View Post
    Next step is to take 3.55 FW and patch it to allow to run unsigned code, then we don't need dongles at all any more. Relatively easy patch when compared to the work it took to get here.
    It looks like they are just adding the features of the jailbreak dongles to the OFW. Lets hope someone soon adds all the features of the dongle to the OFW to make a proper CFW.
    Quote Originally Posted by 51N15T3R View Post
    Is this correct?

- Can be used to allow 3.55 to install and run homebrew (if it's been signed for 3.55)

- If you install this as a CFW for 3.41 you can install and run current homebrew without the need of a jailbreak device
    No. It will install and run only if its signed. No current homebrew will work with this CFW. This is just the beta for a CFW.
    Last edited by Jes03; 01-05-2011 at 01:50 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Their is more to the the dongle broken payloads then this at the moment.

The payloads add some syscall's that have not been implemented in this firmware mod. That means that their is more to it then just signing the current backup managers as they rely on custom hooks implemented by the payload devs. This is however a nice proof of concept.

I am assuming it also allows for retail updates to be applied to games you have the disk for as well, which is handy for those who do not have a net connected ps3 and want some of the bug fixes available.

Exclamation

wouldn't use this yet. It removes the game save, and trophy icons from xmb.

He said himself it was just a test to see if it worked.

if this is working as supposed to, then everyone should just sign their Homebrew and loaders and I could just toss my dongle aside, right?

no pun intended...

This is gonna explode, very quickly!

getting this error:- Could not unpkg ../dev_flash_000.tar.aa.2010_11_27_051337

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News