Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Wink

i mess around with PLC's at work... i always make 2 or 3 copies of original files... to cover any possible screw ups. I would love to try and mess around with different flashes... but if they don't work i wouldn't be able to replace them with originals unless i would be able to force a connection to the motherboard... if i could study how the process worked.

i might not ask dumb questions... as it stands i have no idea what programs are needed to compile and decompile pkg's let alone read the encryption... there is so much that i don't know where to start... i'm a self teacher... learned plc's and ladder logic on my own and want to start working on ps3 stuff so any thing that will help me do that is great!!

Cheers!

Big thanks to KaKaRoToKS for being the first with a custom firmware version :-)

I may be in the minority here, but I would much rather see us being able to sign pkgs and install them (homebrew - emulators please!), and be able to run Linux with full access to hardware then I want to see copied ps3 games being able to run. Maybe I'm getting older now, but if no one supports the developers, we won't have great systems like this.

Maybe I should clarify - a system that has potential to be great, after we remove all these pointless Sony barriers and add back features that Sony took away. I know piracy is inevitable because of this, and based on Sony removing features I think they are going to get exactly what they deserve, but Sony != all game developers.

So are there any .pkgs to use yet? It's been less than 24 hours and my packages folder is still empty! LOL I cant wait for this to get big, but I cant help but think it is still just the beginning.

I think it was like specifed already you CAN run pirated games. But you need 3.41 although I am not sure if it needs to be jailbroken already or not.

waninkoko/fwtool released: twitter.com/hackinblack
    This is just for firmware PKG files, not application PKG files.

FwPKG tool fixed! Now it decrypts, encrypts and signs properly. Grab the latest code @ https://github.com/waninkoko/fwtool
    fixed the bricks... for those who care, for Devs only so don't ask...

This is just for firmware PKG files, not application PKG files.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by condorstrike; 01-05-2011 at 09:11 PM

Thanks condorstrike, and I have added it to the first post now as well. +Rep!

I'm sick of people talking about sony getting what they deserve if everyone hates sony so much why did you get a PS3? if you dont like it and hate sony then go play wii or 360. Sick of people trying to justify running bootleg games.

Everyone knows that this is 90% about piracy and 10% other reasons, sick of the sugar coating talkin about sony is getting what they deserve, ok so they took away linux SO WHAT, i'm pretty sure that 90% of the people talkin about sony getting what they deserve even know how to use linux, what a bunch a BS. Sony RULZ otherwise you wouldn't be on here checking on how to play their awsome games for free.

And Kakarotos already came out saying that NO IT IS NOT.
    Since the kernel is left unmodified, this means that this custom firmware is really meant for future homebrew installation, and it will not allow piracy. I plan on keeping it that way

Quote Originally Posted by RevCube View Post
    I'm sick of people talking about sony getting what they deserve..sick of the sugar coating talkin about sony is getting what they deserve
    I'm sick of carrots, puppies & pokémon.. but that's a topic for another thread. Lets focus folks.

Agreed, this is supposed to be for discussion of those who tried out the PS3 CFW releases, not people's views on piracy or similar debates.

From the look of things, it doesn't appear too many people actually tried it (probably since it doesn't run back-ups yet) but yep, let's try to stay on topic from here onward.

Also, below is what NGU says is a signed version of Blackb0x PS3 FTP, but of course it still needs packaging before it will be of use.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast