Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Video: JailBroken PS3 - 3.55 Firmware with Homebrew by GeoHot

Sponsored Links
    Update #2: [Register or Login to view links] has updated his site again with PS3 Homebrew Signing Tools (PS3 Homebrew Signing Tools with DLL Files or PS3 Homebrew Signing Tools OSX) and Source Code (Windows users will also need libeay32.zip or grab the PS3 PKG Signer Windows GUI by [Register or Login to view links]) with a brief guide HERE alongside How to JailBreak a PlayStation 3 on 3.55 Firmware.

Also, PS3 Tools (Compiled) and PS3 Tools Updates (Compiled) are now available for Win32 users as well.

To quote: "homebrew signing [Register or Login to view links] make_self_npdrm makes valid NPDRM selfs from elfs it does not contain any info on decrypting or removing NPDRM NPDRM is required for interoperability of our homebrew applications package_finalize turns your debug packages into psuedoretail packages, psuedoretail packages install on a geohot jailbroken PS3.

i'm excited to see what you will create open source SDK @ [Register or Login to view links]"

These PS3 tools can now be used to convert ELF files into valid NPDRM SELF files, and a PSL1ght PS3 PKG Python Script is also available, example usage:

pkg.py --contentid UP0001-TEST00003_00-0000000000000000 build/pkg/ PS3Tetris.pkg

Update: GeoHot has now released a PS3 3.55 JailBreak Custom Firmware PUP followed shortly by PS3 3.55 JailBreak r1 which fixes the 8002FB27 error and also shared the Test.PKG File from the video.

To quote from his site: "it's [Register or Login to view links] time open the zip, you know how to install 3.55 only would be pirates, don't waste your time do not mirror file, link to geohot.com [Register or Login to view links] is the package from the video no donations accepted right now, don't get scammed

old homebrew will not work new homebrew signing tools coming soon..."

Today GeoHot has posted a YouTube video on his site showing a JailBroken PS3 3.55 Firmware console running PlayStation 3 Homebrew.

This news comes just days after his previous dePKG PS3 Firmware Package Decrypter and PS3 Keys news alongside the first signed PS3 homebrew on version 3.55 Firmware.

To quote from the video's caption, which simply states: "It's 5AM, this is homebrew. No release dates as usual.

3.55 firmware omg omg omg omg no patching lv2

shouts to fail0verflow and psl1ght"

I personally think not having proper access to the kernel and such is a complete waste of time - what homebrew does he assume we will use?

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    OK. I'll ask this once so no one else has to...

Was that just loaded off a normal USB drive or was that a JB USB device.

I'm not a total noob, but I didn't really understand what he just showed us in that video, can someone please enlighten me / us?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    OMG This a news what a lot of PS3 Users waiting for THX A LOT.

OMG!!!

Geo, nicely done!

now this is good very very good

Thanks for the news sk group and +Rep!

Quote Originally Posted by twoboys View Post
    OK. I'll ask this once so no one else has to...

Was that just loaded off a normal USB drive or was that a JB USB device.

I'm not a total noob, but I didn't really understand what he just showed us in that video, can someone please enlighten me / us?
    He just ran a program compiled and signed by himself on a stock 3.55 PS3.

That means we will soon be able to run our own software on a stock 3.55 PS3 without the need to modify the console in any way.

PS: yes, it was loaded from a regular USB stick/thumb drive.

That is Progress!

Hope we can do that too in short time.. would be great for my weekend

greetings

This will only be homebrew as I recall, no Backup Managers...

Thumbs Up

He made a signed Homebrew which is running on 3.55 FW

No Custom FW needed if you can sign your homebrew!!

Well done GeoHot. I wish i were so good as you.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News