Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    it works great, i have a fat 40gb with a other board and a other blueray drive, i downgraded it to 2.30 and it fixed all, i can play everything now.. upgraded to 3.55, all works fine.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I just wanted to say thank you to everyone out there who made this possible. I have just finished restoring a 40g PS3 CECHK01 to working condition from two seperate CECHK01 consoles.

I now have very high hopes for the second as well, because of this method. I hit a wall 5 months ago with these puppies, today i got my fix... one is 100% fully operational and purring quiet as a kitten now. Thank you again. Great work!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    what about the MGS4 80gb BC systems that have a double lens laser? they have the same exact motherboard as the normal 80gb BC, but they use a different drive. Would this allow the other Motorstorm 80gb systems to use the double lens drives from those systems (NOT THE SLIMS).

I wouldn't worry about drive compatibility between dual lens and single lens drives as long as the interface is the same (IDE in this case) as that sort of low level control is carried out by the drives firmware (on the controller board) and not at a gameOS level (motherboard).

Hmmm. Can anyone tell me what PS3 Drives are going for nowadays? I can see this as a great alternative to fix a broken blu-ray/laser drive for the people who aren't so tech savvy, but would this be more cost efficient than just replacing a broken laser? I understand if your board is fried than this is the way to go instead, but now wouldn't it be possible to just order the board alone too?

kem-400a drives go for around 90-100.. kem410aca go for around 70-80.

Ok so i downgraded my fat ps3 to 2.30 but can't get back into service mode... i'm using a ipod nano. i got into service mode first try before downgrading then powered down using xmb option... well on 2.30 there is no power off option in xmb.

i've tried turning off console using controller but when i turn back on i'm not in service mode still. i've tried it like 20 times with no luck... can somebody help please?
    Last edited by rianchio23; 03-17-2011 at 05:56 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi sorry in advance if people annoyed by my noob questions. I have ps3 x 3. All dead drive or missing drives. They on 3.41 with ps3 break dongles. That is how I'm still playing backups... No cfw yet...

How do I get it into service mode? I have ps3 break dongle and am currently on 3.41. Is service mode the same as being jail broken? Please someone help, just can't understand these instructions fully but once I understand what service mode is I'll be fine I think.

Edit: I figured out service mode finally... If your dongle can downgrade then it will put you into service mode in the same process. I used ps3 break dongle, flashed with downgraded files and am now in service mode. Now to re-marry. Thanks.

This is actually quite simple once you understand everything. I have game playback now. I did get an error though everytime with every drive i tried. I then just rebooted and games worked. Some say BD not playable on this system but not too concerned about that.

how do you determine if its a bad lazer or bad drive board?

You can watch if the laser powers on. Usually when it does you just have to clean the lense, if it doesn't work so it's the board.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News