Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Video: Guide: How to Platinum Trophy Any PS3 Game Instantly

Update: Phidyos has now released an application called GetYourPlatinum v1.0 which will unlock all PS3 trophies with random timestamps (2010).

Today Inaudax at NextGenUpdate.com (linked above) has shared how to Platinum Trophy any PS3 game instantly, and made available a guide and video below along with another from Sh1m3oN to unlock PS3 Trophies.

To quote: That's right, geezers. You can now platinum any PS3 game instantly!

Requirements

- An exploited PS3 (JailBroken) on 3.41
    - PC with Hex Editor Neo (recommended)
    - The PS3 FTP Manager application by CJPC
    - Filezilla (PC FTP Client)

I'm warning you right now. If you plan to sync your hacked trophies with this method, you may face a risk of getting banned by Sony. It's highly unlikely but it's possible. So, be warned!

A brief of how this hack works:

Inside the trophy collection section on your XMB, there are games represented by thier TROPUSR.DAT(s) respectively, where you can view the % of a game, what have you unlocked, etc. TROPUSR.DAT stores all of that information. Basically to get everything unlocked on a game, you will need to edit that game's TROPUSR.DAT.

Manually editting TROPUSR.DAT can take a while to get used to. But after learning where and which byte to change, you will be able to platinum a game in no time.

Tutorial

Modifying the TROPUSR.DAT file of Yakuza 3 will be part of this tutorial.

1) Launch the FTP service on PS3.

2) Open Filezilla on PC, connect and navigate to the folder where TROPUSR.DAT is stored. For example:
    Code:
    /dev_hdd0/home/00000001/trophy/NPWR01101_00
    00000001 is my user ID.

NPWR01101_00 is the Yakuza 3 folder.

Inside the NPWR01101_00 folder, there will be a file which is called TROPUSR.DAT. Download that file to your PC.

3) Open TROPUSR.DAT with Hex Editor Neo.

4) Now, we need to figure out how many trophies does Yakuza 3 have:

5) Next, we need to add a byte that we have 45 trophies generally unlocked.

6) Now, we need to add FF and two zero bytes (meaning 100%) below the 45 byte that you have just inserted.

7) This is the final step. Now, you just need to unlock every trophy by adding 01 00 01 10 to every trophy ID's in the file.

To understand what I have exactly inserted, go to Tool in Hex Editor Neo -> File Comparison -> Compare Files. Put two TROPUSR.DAT (0% and 100%) in the dialogs and change the comparison method to 'Difference algorithm' and click Ok. Now, you will be able to see what I have edited. This will help you understand easier. Good luck!

And, oh, when you view a trophy info on XMB with the hacked TROPUSR.DAT, you will see something like 'Earned - '. That's because I didn't add timestamps. At the moment, I don't know how to add one... because I'm not 100% sure which bytes are responsible for that. Here's an example of some legit trophy I've unlocked:

I'll figure out how to add timestamps later if I can.

Video: Guide: How to Platinum Trophy Any PS3 Game Instantly

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Attached Files Attached Files

Sweet good info to know!

Though this is kinda pointless IMO because you know that you really didn't get those trophy's and that's all that matters less your very good at lying to yourself... unless it unlocks something in the game then maybe I could see myself using this.

imho it's just a PoC and rather pointless, because:

1. you can't go online and sync (you have to update, right?)
    2. without timestamps everybody can see, that you have cheated

but i think there could be a way to trade trophy-files of games which got platinumed legitimately... So nobody of your friends may see what you've really done (though it's rather lame)
    Last edited by patholi; 09-17-2010 at 08:14 PM

this just seems pointless to me. takes a lot of fun out of the games.

Right. If there were remote chances of Jailbroken PS3 on PSN (We can dream right!), these type of hacks will make sure we never see the light of PSN again. I am dreading the release of a PS3 CWCheat (someone will sure code it).

Some Trophy Hunters will love this for sure, but it won't work ATM, maybe some day!

While I appreciate the effort put into it, it just doesn't seem like this is needed.

Without going online, the only person that would see it is you.. you know you hacked it so you didn't earn it... so the point is?

I don't even think the trophy hunters will find this useful either. The point of bragging your trophys to your friends is knowing you did the imposible in some cases to get those trophys. But getting them by editing some files is like someone else coming to play your games in your ps3 and showing off the trophys someone else unlocked pointless no?

It's useless, but hey, who cares the PS3 got 70% pwned LOL

Quote Originally Posted by IndyColtsFan84 View Post
    this just seems pointless to me. takes a lot of fun out of the games.
    I agree with you, I also don't care about trophies that much, if I just can finish the game i'm happy

but good to see hacks, how more how better

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast