Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Video: GeoHot on PS3 Hacks at Nuit Du Hack Conference in Paris

Sponsored Links
    Yesterday some videos were posted of GeoHot's iPad, iPhone, iPod coverage from Nuit Du Hack in Paris, and today we have some videos and a slideshow (PDF) of the PS3 hacks segment from the conference courtesy of malow82.

Forum user xrayglasses attended one of GeoHot's scheduled conferences, and stated the following to quote:

"He's booking for talks at 3 cons, I only got to see the one he just did in France. He's [Register or Login to view links] his talks around PlayStation 3 security, and when he comes on basically talks about i-products for two hours with a mention of PS3 in the last 10 minutes, literally in the same details as his blog.

In videos of it on youtube, you can hear people there laughing when he integrates his ego into his talk. I don't think he realizes what a small fish he is in the RE community.

He even said publicly that he was contracted to reverse the iphone which really puts his level of intelligence into perspective considering the repercussion that has with anti-trust laws.."

Those interested can check out the GeoHot PS3 hacking videos from the Nuit Du Hack conference in Paris below!

Video: GeoHot on PS3 Hacks at Nuit Du Hack Conference in Paris

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Where's the Custom firmware he promised, if we don't update?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    At least GeoHot admitted at the end of Part 2 that although he "broke the system on a cool theoretical level" he intends to let someone else step up and figure the rest out. It's a shame he only gave the METLDR and LV2 stuff to people who claim to be against iSO Loaders though, instead of sharing with the entire community so things could progress a lot faster with more people helping out.

He also stated he isn't like "Dark_AleX" and doesn't plan to release PS3 Custom Firmware though... basically he got his moment of fame in the PS3 scene, and from the sound of things in the video someone else will have to finish up his PS3 3.21OO CFW or a newer version.

Well like i always wondered about this guy he just doesn't seem to want to share or he is stuck or more focused on the iphone etc thing.. as myself i never trusted him and not to say what he has done so far is bad as it was good, but i guess only time will tell what the future hold for this guy.

God I just wanna punch him in his smug little jackass face.

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by tripellex View Post
    God I just wanna punch him in his smug little jackass face.
    thanks - good words

Seriously though, why make this all Public. All he wants is his name in fame and be known as being Great an such, thank you for the hacks bro but keep it secret man.

from what I understand, the key to openning the ps3 is how to load metldr.self. It should be a piece of cake after that. Someone just has to figure out how to load metldr.self using geohot's hack.

I didn't hear any snickering from the audience nor did I sense any of his "ego" during his speech. He just gave a pretty normal presentation imo. All that techie babble means nothing to me but maybe it did to someone, because as he said at the end he's done.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by itwong View Post
    from what I understand, the key to opening the ps3 is how to load metldr.self. It should be a piece of cake after that. Someone just has to figure out how to load metldr.self using geohot's hack.
    Indeed, the closest those outside of the "GeoHot spoonfeed" group are to that is posted here from simone:

http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...playstation-3/

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News