Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

well done ...so who wants to connect to the PSN without losing the other OS feature is missed up, thats a shame... 1st he can hack the PS3 and create a CFW and now he won't release it.

Quote Originally Posted by GZA1984 View Post
    The George Hotz show?
    I'd find a way to be his first guest. Then I could walk onstage, do the Queen wave to the audience, THEN punch him in his jackass face.

Just because he won't release a CFW for end-users doesn't mean he won't release details about how to do it. I think that's a good idea. That way he won't get so many retarded messages about it.

From what I remember, before Geohots exploit, there wasn't really any useful exploits... And if they were, they were kept secret.

I like that he won't release an easy CFW. Personally, I prefer doing it myself so I know how it works. Not just clicking a stupid little executable file and having a computer do everything for me.

I totaly agree with The Angry Taco.

Lets get some Hackin skills!! Just like i did with my Wii...

I have no idea what he is talking about with all this hypervisor and stuff, but here is a Question?

When you crack something, don't you then run a demo showing the crack working so people can actually believe what you say you can do you have actually done....? (or is that so old school these days)

Now don't get me wrong, I don't want the PS3 cracked, Why? Why not, you ask? -Because yes games cost money and it's a pain in the neck but there is a little joy in actually buying a game you support.

These game companies can't stay in business if we bit the hand that feeds us, I want amazing games, I don't want the 60 to 100 million dollar budgets cut -that companies use to make games-

because that's how we get great games, if they think they can't make the money back they will start making games that are crap for far less money- and instead of epic, we will get cheesy and stupid games.

Every time I play Bad Company 2 I say wow we have come a long way in graphics, the multi-player is so awesome, sure the lag sucks right now but man what a cool game, the onslaught is Awesome..(I'm loving that right now)

What about GT5, or God of War III, I need these games this is why I bought a PS3, so yes I'm sorry but I don't want my PS3 cracked. Maybe I'm alone on that theory but didn't we all dream of being a game designer one day...

How would you like someone saying -oh your check for making games which was going to be $400,000 thousand for the year is now $8,000 because of privacy (I would quit and go do something else to feed my family)

I don't want the guys making Crysis 2 to Quit, or God Of War IV or the Last Guardian or any of these epic games coming to my PS3...

We live for games, and we have to support them, it's how we get epic games -and as a gamer these good times are too Amazing to mess up.. Don't kill my PS3 Dude!!! I love that thing.

So he told us not to update our PS3s for nothing Screw it, I'm updating when 3.40 comes next week.

in the second video "i am not like darkalex" the end of geohot CF.

I am going to update. I love my ps3 linux. But i want to play new games.

George HOTZ slides Embedded Security below.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ptrci; 06-24-2010 at 09:54 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by proskopina View Post
    When you crack something, don't you then run a demo showing the crack working so people can actually believe what you say you can do you have actually done....? (or is that so old school these days)
    You know, hacking isn't about showing off, it's about sharing information and methods.

I mean, the only thing George managed to do was to kill the ps3 homebrew and demo scene, thanks to the paranoia of corporate HQ. And he didn't need to actually demonstrate a hack to do that. Just put out a "believable" rumour.

..which really is all he did. But whatever.

When you crack something, don't you then run a demo showing the crack working so people can actually believe what you say you can do you have actually done....?
    Well, he actually did, he showed us that he can change themes using his cool exploit, isn't this demo enough?! (*cough* this was already possible *cough*)

Anyways, I guess after 3 months we can call it a fake?

Maybe the reason why he has not released anything is because he has nothing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast