Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Video: Facebook Integrated PS3 XMB Mod By Exofreak is Released

Sponsored Links
    Today PlayStation 3 developer Exofreak has released a Facebook integrated PS3 XMB mod and video which allows you to use the basic functions of the Friends category (block list, add new friend, etc) if you got banned or can't access PSN and your friends category is empty.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror)

To quote: This is a mod i have been working on for a few hours. Basically if you got banned or cant access psn and your friends category is empty, you can use this mod to have the basic functions of the friends category (block list, add new friend etc)

BUT HERE'S THE CATCH: it uses facebook to achieve them... eg, message box would take you to your psn messages normally but now it will redirect you to your facebook messages instead! basically its facebook integration into the xmb. Here's how to do it:
    • Unrar the file from this link (above)
    • Copy xmlhost to the root of the hdd
    • Then from multiman enable dev_blind and replace catgory_friend.xml (dev_blind>vsh>resource>explore>xmb)
    • Now log into facebook from the main browser with cookies enabled.
    • Once logged in all options will be available.

Notice:
    • Don't try this mod on a unbanned console or a console that goes online
    • Backup xmb file just in case
    • Mod was made for Rogero 4.41 but will work on all even 3.55

i just did this mod cause i was tired of having an empty friends category.. if you like my mod and wanna see more mods, like my page on facebook (ironic eh?): facebook.com/Exofreak

Credits:

team from xmbm+
    aldostools
    andreus
    Berion
    bitsbubba
    CloneD
    DeViL303
    dragoangel
    ps3Hen
    XiorgON
    xlsound
    wawryn

Which i exploited, the possibility are endless with xmbm+ xml files. aldostools for the directions to making a thread. (dedicated to all those brothers who got banned by Sony)

Video: Facebook Integrated PS3 XMB Mod By Exofreak is Released

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Video: PS3 XMB Mod by Exofreak: Make Your PS3 CFW Look Like OFW

Sponsored Links
    Following up on his previous modification, today PlayStation 3 developer Exofreak is back with a video demonstrating a new PS3 XMB Mod which makes your PS3 CFW (Custom Firmware) look like OFW (Official Firmware) below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: This new xmb mod will change your xmb to look like an OFW or Official Frimware's XMB. It will of course remove all DEX Mods like "install package files" and "app/home", but it will not remove their functions unlike OFW you can still install pkg files through homebrew apps.

The best part about it is, it is very easy to replace so you can change it with your modded files whenever you want.

Example, you have a friend over and want him to think you have a genuine gaming system then replace it with my files and it will look completly OFW! You can switch it back later!
    • Coldboot folder
    • Enable dev_flash

To apply copy files from the coldboot folder to dev_blind > vsh > resource > (copy the files with the title as in the coldboot folder) Paste the files here
    • Explore folder

Copy files from explore folder to Dev_blind > vsh > resource > explore > xmb > (copy the files category_game.xml and category_game_tool2.xml) Paste new files here

It is really easy to apply and remove. This will work on all 4.21/4.30/4.31/4.41/4.46/ fw It was made by modifying the CFW files not taken from OFW so it is highly compatible.

Video

Notes

Always restart PS3 after a game category mod. If you apply trophy mod than in game XMB will not display them (another bullsht move by Sony).

Video: PS3 XMB Mod by Exofreak: Make Your PS3 CFW Look Like OFW

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Cool!!!

Video: PS3 XMB Internet Channels Mod by Exofreak is Released

Following up on his previous release, today PlayStation 3 developer exofreak made available a PS3 XMB TV Services Mod and video for Internet Channels with details below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror)

To quote: I created this XML code for all you people interested in free 100% legal Internet TV and Movie Services. I use many popular Web sites which already provide these services and made it easy for you guys to access them.

Internet channels will appear in under the TV /Video Category it will give you access to 21 Internet Video Streaming Services. This includes the likes of BBC iplayer, ABC iview and many more. You can also stream selected free movies (hosted by Youtube). I have put in a TV Guide for referencing purposes and Radio channels including SHOUTcast...

You should know all the afore mentioned features run their respected websites to view content and are 100% legal. The sites are specifically created for the PS3, credits to the respected providers.

Install method is very easy.

1. Extract this (linked above) and Install PKG
    2. Enable dev_blind from multiMAN and Copy the files from the XMB folder to dev_blind > vsh > resource > explore > xmb > paste here.

Installation
    • Install the file EP0001-BCET00001_00-0000111122223333-A0100-V0109-PE.pkg
    • Enable the dev_blind from multiMAN and copy the file category_tv.xml in the directory dev_blind / vsh / resource / explore / xmb.

Note: The 21 streaming channels are accessible only from firmware 4.21 and up. This code has a very tiny coded foot print and is incredibly light (less than 600kb) this will never ban your PS3.

That's all!

This will work on every firmware over 4.21.

Video: PS3 XMB Internet Channels Mod by Exofreak is Released

awesome work. pity it wasnt for ofw i can't get all the channels he describes on my ofw. with all the great work these devs have done on ps3 homebrew etc it makes me excited to see what will happen with the ps4 and if sony will let these sort of applications be released with there indie dev scheme thing. lets hope so.

thanks again!

Registered User RampantBiologic's Avatar
    Very nice!

i think i'm putting this in my mod too!

just signed up on this account, you all can ask and request what ever you need. I am a one man coding machine!

Video: Classic PS3 Gameboot on New PlayStation 3 by Exofreak Demo

Following up on his previous release, today PlayStation 3 developer exofreak made available a classic (pre-3.00 Firmware) PS3 gameboot and video demo for use on 4.XX consoles with details below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: Do you miss the classic game boot that was available on lower (2.80) firmware? Does your life feel empty and void of all meaning right before you launch a game?

Well, game in despair no longer because you can now have the classic spiderman font PLAYSTATION 3 back on all ps3 and all 4.xx firmwares. It is very simple, only 2 steps long. Even a paraplegic baby can do it!

Instructions:

1.) Enable dev_blind with multiman
    2.) Copy the selected "custom_render_plugin.rco" and past it in dev_blind/vsh/resource/
    3.) Feel the tension as 2 seconds of nostalgia course through you mind!

Notes:

1.) I didn't use rco files from 2.80 instead i made my own with firmware 4.XX in mind.
    2.) Should work on all 4.XX firmwares.
    3.) The pack contains 3 different folders each with a different game boot.

Update: Also below (download linked above) are some Video Icons / Dynamic game icons (ICON1.PAM) for Selected Titles By Exofreak who states the following:

If you are anything like me you probably love those tiny videos that neatly play on the game icon of your XMB. Unfortunately not many developers make them, probably because they are just lazy. Even first class games like The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite don't have them. So I decided to make my own. and I did!

Only for my favorite games though. I have also added AT3 files or the background music to suit the video. I have posted my very professionally created videos on this article for all to download and try. I will update constantly if people show their appreciation.

(THIS IS A THE VIDEO THAT PLAYS INSTEAD OF THE GAME ICON IN THE XMB)

Games:

I have made ICON0.PAM only for a few titles which are my favorite, but I am open to suggestions and will take requests if its a cool game.

1. Grand Theft Auto IV (Video And Audio)
    2. Bioshock (Audio Only)
    3. Bioshock 2 (Video and Audio)
    4. Bioshock Infinite (Video and Audio)
    5. Prototype 2 (Video and Audio)
    6. The Last of Us (Video and Audio)

Upcoming Titles:

Grand Theft Auto Episodes from liberty City
    Red Dead Redemption
    Dead Rising 2

Instructions:

To apply open the folder (through ftp. multiman, etc) of your game backup or downloaded title and paste files from the corresponding folder into the USRDIR (The folder that has the icon files in it) Boot to XMB.

Development Ramblings:

These tiny videos are extremely hard to create but it gets easier. Many tools are required and a professional PC is required. I on the other hand used a PC with a Pentium 4, Windows XP monster with an amazing 256 MB RAM!. It took me 1-2 hours to make ONE VIDEO!. So you better like my page!. For the videos i used various trailers and compiled them appropriately. Another thing to note the XMB will not slow down neither will your game, this is because Sony cleverly made the PS3 with a separate partition on the cell processor that handles this operation. This and the background music.

Videos Demo:

Prototype 2:

Last of Us:

Bioshock Infinite:

Bioshock 2:

paraplegic baby really i find that not so and not very nice, but cool news will be putting this on right now

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News