Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Video: Explanation of the Incapsulation Method for PS3

Sponsored Links
    Earlier today ps3hack89 dropped by our Chatbox to let us know of a new video by Giulio19992. For reference, don't forget to use the Submit News feature also guys, as it makes things a lot easier for the Staff here.

Moving on, the video is titled "Explanation Incapsulation Method" for the PS3, and attempts to outline what he believes is the PS3's game execution procedure, normal compared to the encapsulation method. Video is below, courtesy of YouTube!

Some thoughts on it: The video (why use a video, its two frames, use jpegs next time - was a waste of two minutes), is a mix of what we knew back in 2006 and misinformation. Of course when the system starts, and an executable is started, higher level functions authenticate it, and decides if it is valid or not, and passes it on - "Slide 1".

"Slide 2" consists of what would happen when modified, it looks QUITE a bit like a dumbed-down version of what every PS3 goes through when running a game with a patch, with the exception that the order is completely wrong.

Finally, we have no idea why .PKG is plastered all over, as soon as the PKG is installed on the PS3 it ceases to exist, it gets extracted and its contents are stored on the HDD, and inside the PS3's database.

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I don't know if it would be the right way to modify the hypervisor. it would just cause the Sony to run a checktool whilst online play.

Has somebody thought of making the PS3 a decryption-tool itself for the pkg files? I know it's not possible to run such code as with a retail console. But finding a way at least would be more valuable then a modified hypervisor don't you think?

BTW: How interesting are savegames for you? While I was playing Prince of Persia yesterday my system just crashed and rebooted itself. If you need that savegame just ket me know (but I don't say it works a second time).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This explains that the BlueRay Drive isn't scanned by the Hypervisor for Unassigned code, ie, you can execute an kboot.bin but, obviously, the header and icon to make a shortcut on the xmb, would have to be on the hdd.

Footylad

A bit complicated, but really interesting

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News