Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by veggav View Post
    Did you guys noticed the amount number of hack news since the vacations had begun ? Do you think this guys have more time now to play with their psp and ps3 ?

And to the new update.. again.. dammit
    Most people have more amount of time in their hands right now, at least until january that everything starts rolling again in real life for most people. So yeah people that are hacking can have full day hacking sessions instead of 2 or 3 hours every 2 - 3 days.

Also most devs release some sort of present if they have something on their hands so we see more releases plus they hurry in order to get a fine release to their followers. Im pretty excited too with all these news plus the xbox scene is doing some remarkable work.

Managed to fix a broken xbox and jtaged it fairly easy and its now running homebrew, funny part is now Im sitting on a ton of games(yeah you know what I mean) and dont feel like playing any. Buying games on the other hand makes you play and enjoy software to the fullest so, just signed off a mw2 mp session on my ps3 having a homebrewed xbox sitting next to me, oh the irony.

So to people that are actually enjoying your ps3 right now playing your legit software wishing you could have some homebrew to save some money, beware what you wish it loses all the magic pretty fast. Merry xmas to all.
    Last edited by adrianc1982; 12-25-2009 at 02:26 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianc1982 View Post
    So to people that are actually enjoying your ps3 right now playing your legit software wishing you could have some homebrew to save some money, beware what you wish it loses all the magic pretty fast.
    This is all too true i fell out of love with my PSP since all the games became available for free, this is not to say I don't play it at all its just very rare. Happy Chrismas everyone.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by heartagram62 View Post
    This is all too true i fell out of love with my PSP since all the games became available for free, this is not to say I don't play it at all its just very rare. Happy Chrismas everyone.
    i agree, its really all quite interesting.

I feel the ooposite.

I've bought a wii because my ps3 was just standing there. Now i'm really playing some games.
    I just don't have money for the good new games (god of war collection, tekken 6, guitar hero 5, uncharted 2....) so i'll keep playing my wii

i am in no way saying that the video is a fake or anything, but a part of me is wondering how many of the video's and reports of this dev creating an ISO loader or that team creating a mod chip, are actually made and distributed Sony to throw the thousands, if not millions off of the scent of running homebrew.

honestly im kind of tired of waiting around for someone else to do it, so i want to look into doing it myself but not 100% sure where to start... i've been looking it up for the last 2 weeks or so, and every lead i get seems to end in a dead end.

anyone here care to give me a nudge in the right direction? as in where to start?
    Last edited by oldschool400; 12-25-2009 at 06:08 AM

best just find someone not connected to the ppl most identified with the scene if thats you theory. You could talk to geohot but I don't know what he knows or plans. Would be nice if ppl started forming local groups to look into it...

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool400 View Post
    i am in no way saying that the video is a fake or anything, but a part of me is wondering how many of the video's and reports of this dev creating an ISO loader or that team creating a mod chip, are actually made and distributed Sony to throw the thousands, if not millions off of the scent of running homebrew.

honestly im kind of tired of waiting around for someone else to do it, so i want to look into doing it myself but not 100% sure where to start... i've been looking it up for the last 2 weeks or so, and every lead i get seems to end in a dead end.

anyone here care to give me a nudge in the right direction? as in where to start?
    Just specify what you have done already! The best way to have an open system is to find how to enable service-mode.
    Since this is done via USB people focus on getting a PS3 booting this mode. Nothing usable showed up so far
    Hence this seems quite impossible.

Another way to hack the system would be finding some exploit. But everything headed that direction leads to a dead end (tiffs etc. was tried before).

The boot-process is quite complicated as well as two encrypted components check each other for validity (I hope I got that right but there is a diagram somewhere floating around on the web)

Just visit the forums and you get loads of information.

Quote Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    best just find someone not connected to the ppl most identified with the scene if thats you theory. You could talk to geohot but I don't know what he knows or plans. Would be nice if ppl started forming local groups to look into it...
    very true... local seems to be the way to go as then there can be no doubt that the people working on it arent working for sony.

as for what i've done. i've been an end user hacker (iphone, 360, etc), i've only recently gotten interested in HOW a system is cracked and want to know how its done, so my knowledge is VERY basic. So, thats kinda of what I meant when I asked where to start.

Lightbulb

can someone put any homebrew (emulators etc...) on the PSPAR_Demo_setup.exe via hacking the exe to remove the action replay and put the homebrew??

Quote Originally Posted by veggav View Post
    I feel the ooposite.

I've bought a wii because my ps3 was just standing there. Now i'm really playing some games.
    I just don't have money for the good new games (god of war collection, tekken 6, guitar hero 5, uncharted 2....) so i'll keep playing my wii
    I have both PS3 and Wii and I have much more games for Wii... obvious reasons

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News