Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Funny I haven't even wanted to hop online with CFW, now I'm desperate enough doing this.

I haven't messed around with AsbestOS, downloading 1.3 right now going to give this a shot! Thanks for pointing that out bitsbubba.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentsuken View Post
    I haven't messed around with AsbestOS, downloading 1.3 right now going to give this a shot! Thanks for pointing that out bitsbubba.
    I suggest v1.5

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Why 1.3 since 1.5 is already released?

Thanks for the heads up guys.

no problem..

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by bitsbubba View Post
    Kmeaw's AsbestOS installer allows write/mount access to dev_flash
    So? That doesn't help us editing files at all does it?

The installer mounts dev_flash as in FREEFLASH and Alijandro, so it itself can write to dev_flash. After running the installer enter a file manager proceed to copy over whatever you want. One tutorial this guy permanently changed his fonts, I myself edited a couple .rco files to change my app_home/PS3_GAME tab to read "Play Game" this is all permanent. It works, believe me!!

it does, you have access to the gameOS partitions and files through linux in asbestOS 1.5 so you can just open them up in gedit or whatever your editor of choice is.

don't even go into Linux at all dev_flash is mounted w/o loading Linux,I used multiMAN file manager just as if I was using FREEFLASH.

I just did something REALLY funky it seems. I installed Asbestos v1.5, had that error at the end where it said "Couldn't patch Lv2" or whatever. I pressed X.

Went to multiMAN (Still running 1.15.00) but it was SEVERELY slow, really laggy. Guessing with what Asbestos did. Anyhow, I did notice a new folder called "dev_rwflash" tried copying that, but it totally corrupted my whole USB folder where I copied it to. Not to mention threw in a bunch of funky looking files.

One question though, what's the difference with dev_rwflash and dev_flash? Both have the same contents, is it just being able to write to it that is different?

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News