Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm sorry but I feel I must point out that you are just as bad as $ony in this case, The custom firmware you are running is a "theft" & rewrite of what $ony own. I think they are doing the right thing by keeping CFW and homebrew away from their own private network. I mean, If you all want your own homebrew applications and the ability to run back-ups fine, but keep it away from people who want to use the network to play properly where hackers can't reset your stats for example.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have two questions:

1) Is there any chance of getting banned?
    2) Is that working with lower firmwares?

thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by anulu82 View Post
    well, i need a bit help with the point 5, that how to replace the SSL header.
    From what I understand, you can't replace it until you decrypt it. SSL = https://

Banned User
    I wanna play my original disc with the paid for DLC on MY console. The only theft here is from $ony as I paid for the DLC and they are refusing to let me play it. I am not going to be forced by $ony to update to a firmware I don't want to update to.

Also go do a search and find out what the difference between CFW and hackers/cheaters. Just coz you run CFW DOES NOT mean your a cheater. You can still cheat on OFW and cheating was around years before CFW was even created. (How many times have I said this over the last week?)

Why don't we just edit the files and tell the console its 3.56 instead of all this crap with proxies that do the same thing?

For 3.41JB there was a payload that said it was 3.50 and 3.55 so why cant we just make a new payload that says its 3.56?

1. as there are no banned PSPs, and no banned PS3s and even no banned PS2s I doubt you will get banned. $ony are NOT Micro$oft and they don't ban consoles.
    2. I don't know how it works for 3.55 so would not have a clue on any firmware atm. If its a PC server thing then yea, it should work.
    Last edited by Jes03; 02-12-2011 at 07:53 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Jes03 View Post
    1, as there are no banned PSPs, and no banned PS3s and even no banned PS2s I doubt you will get banned. $ony are NOT Micro$oft and they don't ban consoles.
    .. yet. Online with the PS3 is much more lively and robust a service than PSP and PS2. I am very curious to see how this aspect plays out, and would not be the least bit surprised to see them forge a mighty ban hammer.

they'll have to start banning if they can't keep cfw off psn. As for this method, forging ssl certs, injecting packets if thats the plan they won't be online for long. besides 3.60 is coming soon what's the point?

Well all this console/PSN hacking does have an interesting point... it forces Sony to roll out updates at a faster pace then ever before. Though most are just security updates they do manage to throw some new features in the mix.

Who Knows how long it would take them to give us these features if we didn't have this ongoing battle between Devs and Sony.

Banned User
    legally they won't ban consoles. They will have too many losing court cases. If my console gets banned I will be taking them to court and I will win. I've already taken $ony to court once and I won so I will gladly do it again.

From firmware 3.41 to 3.56 what good features have there been? I think they have removed more features than anything. Actually I don't remember anything being added for a while now.

Ever heard of the PlayStationŽNetwork Downloader? Let me quote it directly from Sony.

PlayStationŽNetwork Downloader is software used to move content from a PC to a PSP™ system.

This software must be installed on the PC before PlayStationŽStore content can be used.
    THAT's what I'm talking about, it would be nice if something like that would work FOR PS3 content. Period. Not sure where the hell you got all that other crap from. Also, many games have locked saves, let me name a few... Demon's Souls, Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden, Mass Effect 2, UFC 2010, Gran Turismo 5, etc.

I could keep going, the fact that more and more games are DOING this is pretty worrisome because if something erratic happens to the PS3, you are screwed.

Even with a proper PS3 format backup, that backup only would work on the PS3 it came out of, so if say something happened to my launch PS3. Then I'm screwed. I know people who lost their 200 hours Demon's Souls saves thanks to this.

Oh, and don't bring your crap up about how they locked it due to "PvP". Next time you want to sound smart, I suggest you read properly what the other person is trying to say. It'll save you sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Jes03 View Post
    Has anyone said it actually works yet? If it doesn't work then it doesn't matter if $ony can block it or not.

I don't really understand the instructions but I'll work it out if I could get write access to flash.
    Kmeaw's AsbestOS installer allows write/mount access to dev_flash

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News