Video: BlueputDroid - Android Phone as a PS3 Bluetooth Keyboard
Today berserker_devel at the http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?&p=11110796&postcount=1 site has shared some videos (below) on BlueputDroid, which is an application that allows Android phones to control a PS3 acting as a PS3 Bluetooth keyboard remote control.
To quote from GamesRadar.com (linked above): "The independent developer has tested it out on the Nexus One, HTC Wildfire, and LG Optimus One - all with rooted firmwares. He was not able to get it working on the Optimus One.
BlueputDroid is the first app to allow a smartphone to pair up with the PS3 as an input device. There have been other Bluetooth apps for Android that more flexibility in syncing the phone to a computer, but this is the first working app for PS3 connectivity."
From the video's caption: "This is a work in progress of my last Android application "BlueputDroid". With this app you will be able to use your device as a bluetooth keyboard for your PS3.
Nexus One Tested on a rooted Nexus One running a "clean" Cyanogen 6.1.1 (root is required to make it work). A beta version will be released soon on the Android Market, stay tuned!"
Finally, the list of currently supported and unsupported devices is below:
BlueputDroid Supported devices:
- Google Nexus One (made by HTC)
- Google Nexus S (made by Samsung)
- Motorola Milestone
- Motorola Cliq
- Motorola Cliq XT
- Motorola Droid X
- SonyEricsson Xperia X10
- Archos 5 Internet Tablet
- Dell Streak
- T-Mobile G2
- Acer Liquid (only on Android 2.1+)
- Motorola Droid (only with custom firmware, like Cyanogenmod)
- HTC Hero (only with custom firmware, like DarchDroid or FroydVillain)
- HTC Eris (only with custom firmware, like Cyanogenmod)
- HTC Desire/HD (only with custom firmware, like Cyanogenmod)
- HTC Incredible (only with custom firmware, like IncDoes)
- HTC HD2 (only with custom firmware, like Amelia X6 HD2Froyo)
- Samsung Galaxy Spica (only with custom firmware, like Cyanogenmod)
- T-Mobile G1 (only with custom firmware, like Cyanogenmod)
- HTC Touch HD (originally WinMo device, works only with Android firmware, like Cyanogenmod/Neopeek)
BlueputDroid Unsupported devices:
- Samsung Moment
- Samsung Galaxy Spica
- Samsung Galaxy S (this includes Captivate, Vibrant, Epic 4G, Fascinate, Showcase, Mesmerize, Continuum, K, U or any other variant of the Galaxy S series devices, but excluding Nexus S, which doesn't have Samsung's software, and which works!)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab
- HTC Eris
- HTC Incredible
- HTC Desire/HD
- HTC Desire Z
- HTC Legend
- HTC Hero
- HTC Magic
- HTC Evo 4G
- HTC Aria
- HTC/T-Mobile myTouch 4G
- LG Optimus S/T/One
Useless it will not allow me to use it as I have ads disabled in my phone. Keeps asking me to upgrade to Pro version but that isn't available. I'll wait till a "pro" version is around to try.
Luckily I bought one a mini bluetooth keyboard and they sent two so I have more than one for my three Ps3's but having my Droid available would just be awesome as I always have it in my pocket or my Droid X is at least always within arms reach.