Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by elidoe89 View Post
    what model of acer is the notebook?
    i have that notebook!!! it's the Acer Aspire Gemstone Blue 6920G, great machine

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by buberlo View Post
    dude, you have no idea what you're talking about...
    well by all means explain it then? whats the purpose of linux on ps3 other than saying "oh look i have linux on my PS3" ??

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is awesome! So would we be able to access the PS3 HDD and edit or replace files through AsbestOS, similar to FTP? as I can't run any homebrew on my 3.41 due to having a faulty blu-ray drive.

It's awesome !!!

With a full acces to spe and rsx, we can run all emulator and more from linux. Maybe a ftp, firefox, xbmc (let me dream ) Soon a full unbridled otherOS.

Since AsbestOS has access to all of the level 2 calls, it shouldn't be hard to implement some sort of HD access. Ideally, we'd finally get a full disc driver, but until then we could access HD through an application like Comgenie's Awesome File Manager ported to linux.

gentoox is a port of gentoo for xbox 1... yet that did not mean a lot to many xbox owners... honestly, people are porting linux to every gadget these days, and they stop at that...

Quote Originally Posted by mat989 View Post
    gentoox is a port of gentoo for xbox 1... yet that did not mean a lot to many xbox owners... honestly, people are porting linux to every gadget these days, and they stop at that...
    well I hope the progress continues. We should focus on AsbestOS, and to achieve the ultimate goal of getting a fully working, user friendly linux.

I can't say i am VERY exicted for this since i only had a PS3 slim and i got that last week. So, i can't say i know the otherOS like most people here know. However, this is still great news for the scene. This could also develop other homebrew and possibly lead to other exploits for programmers to mess with. I am even hoping for a way for people to create 3d games and play it on the ps3.

Quote Originally Posted by Karas View Post
    I can't say i am VERY exicted for this since i only had a PS3 slim and i got that last week. So, i can't say i know the otherOS like most people here know. However, this is still great news for the scene. This could also develop other homebrew and possibly lead to other exploits for programmers to mess with. I am even hoping for a way for people to create 3d games and play it on the ps3.
    Creating homebrew apps for the PS3 is becoming more common now, so the release of AsbestOS should lead us to create apps for linux and from there anything is possible.
    Last edited by Gstar; 10-20-2010 at 10:44 AM

Quote Originally Posted by beary2006 View Post
    well by all means explain it then? whats the purpose of linux on ps3 other than saying "oh look i have linux on my PS3" ??
    are you serious about this question? i mean, did you join this community yesterday? don't you know WHY sony has removed linux? or are you playin just dumb?

and besides exploiting there are million other reasons, as for example RSX enabled.. XBMC as it was in good old xbox1 days.. and other stuff i'm too lazy to write...

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News