Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    that video was funny. i can't wait to see what is in store for the sony websites.. up to now was just a test apparently.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Right now its all out virtual war between the Anonymous Hacker Group and Sony, the only reason that they are doing this is because sony is taking people to the cleaners and screwing people over, for jailbreaking, creating homebrew software with open source software and sdks... They are also going after people for bringing back features that they removed...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    As much as this is a grey zone, and it's an annoyance, I can't help but smile alittle that Sony has stuff going against them... They screwed so many users over for the last year, and sue everyone left and right (and is doing good at it so far), so I don't feel bad for Sony, was entertaining, while it lasts!

After all their "demands" will never be even considered by Sony, and eventually will end...

Anonymous have issued another press release / update: [Register or Login to view links]

Greetings, Sony Customers And PS3 Users. We are Anonymous.

During the last few days, Anonymous has been targeting Sony for their outrageous treatment of not only PS3 users and jailbreakers, but also of the general public. Their propaganda regarding jailbreaking implies that it encourages piracy and thereby makes people lose their jobs, whereas jailbreaking actually just means you are making YOUR device do what it should do. Imagine if Microsoft forced you to use Internet Explorer instead of Firefox or Chrome. Imagine if they denied users from using any other web browser than their own. Many people would obviously be pissed... but then, why aren't you pissed at Sony?

The fact that their litigation demanded information on everyone who had viewed the material, was completely unacceptable. This is a threat not only to the gaming community, but to freedom of information in general. The fact that the privacy of individuals can be violated, simply for accessing information, and legal action can be taken for doing something with something you own, are steps far beyond the line. Anonymous decided it could not allow this to stand. If jailbreaking a phone for use of legal (unsigned) apps is found legal, why would this be any different for the Geohot case, seeing as Geohot explicitly states he does not support piracy?

Anonymous is not attacking the PSN at this time. Sony's official position is that the PSN is undergoing maintenance. We realize that targeting the PSN is not a good idea. We have therefore temporarily suspended our action, until a method is found that will not severely impact Sony customers.

Anonymous is on your side, standing up for your rights. We are not aiming to attack customers of Sony. This attack is aimed solely at Sony, and we will try our best to not affect the gamers, as this would defeat the purpose of our actions. If we did inconvenience users, please know that this was not our goal.

This operation is a response to Sony's attempt to deprive their customers of products they bought and therefore own, wholly and completely. Anonymous will not attempt to fight this by following the exact same course of action. We have plenty of tricks up our sleeves.

As a last point, we would like to point out that different operations are "run" by different people. Those who are involved in the organisation of OpSony, are not necessarily those involved in that of SonyRecon. Anonymous Operations are generally independent efforts, and it would be a mistake to assume that the same individuals are responsible for every action taken. Anonymous is comprised of people with diverse points of view, of which not all coincide with one another.

That being said, our campaign against Sony and others that would trample on the idea of free information will continue, until we are satisfied with the outcome.

We are Anonymous,
    We are legion,
    We never forgive,
    We never forget,
    Expect us.

It's people like me that get hit in the face by these small punks that wana wave free on the road of 2011... well wake up. cause there ain't no free road to heaven. And for the record. I am just as much as a hacker as you claim to be... it's just that i have 3 PS3's here... 2 hacked and 1 original.

And yeah... i like online gaming... and yeah... when i like a game i buy it. Seems like alot of people forgot what the real deal is about playing backups... but yell and call me what ever you like... i don't care ... and i am not selfish... if i was selfish i wouldn't be supporting piracy in the first place...

Anonymous has NOTHING to do with the jailbreak scene etc. They are just attacking companies that are making benefits by letting us (their customers) pay...

And i never said SONY i love you... and never said screw you hackers.

Playstation.com now redirects you to the uk site lol now they are the ones making workarounds.

Pure win > [Register or Login to view links]

We have decided, after much deliberation, to disaccociate ourselves with the case between Sony. Inc and G. Hotz due to the large DDOS attacks we have been recieving as a result of the case. We regret the decision but feel that it is for better, for both Sony Inc. and ourselves not to continue with them in their legal endeavours
    That's right folks Sony's lawyers appear to have actually quit.

EDIT: I should add this could be a defacement but we'll have to wait and see for confirmation.
    Last edited by barrybarryk; 04-06-2011 at 10:25 PM Reason: clarification

+Rep barrybarryk, if that is legit it would be hilarious indeed... especially considering the number of DMCA's that firm has served us so far. However, the page seems dead so it may not be true after all:

[Register or Login to view links]

Yeah seems to be some xss injection:

[Register or Login to view code]

LOL. If they quit, then to all the people who said this was a waste of time, I believe you were wrong? I wonder, since OtherOS could be brought back to the PS3, would they be able to use them to also contribute to the DDoS attacks? I think it would be hilarious if Sony was interrupted in large part by their own design, a cluster farm of PS3s ftw!

Sponsored Links
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News