Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by heartagram62 View Post
    UK PSN - now down [Register or Login to view links] I wish that hackers would leave this alone! They ain't going to achieve anything by this! Just upset a hell of a lot of people who have no intrest in hacking their console.
    Just because wrong doings do not effect you personally don't let injustice go ideally by. So how would you like it if Mercedes or Lexus pulls a factory recall on your car and no one says a word. Probably a bad analogy but you see my point. Your a consumer whether you believe it or not this will effect you in the long run.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by leukotic View Post
    This is quite a fabrication. I usually have to burn quite a few DVD's when they get minor scratches (since my PS3 cannot handle scratched DVD's without constant skipping and freezing) and I have never had this problem. Although I do strip all copyright protection, so perhaps a straight clone might have these issues. But cleaned ISO's have always worked fine for me on my fully updated PS3.
    Yeah- I am assuming they are talking about the cinavia stuff, which does just that.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I love how people whine about not being able to play games on PSN. The people that condemn hackers for the actions of few are as bad as racists. Saying all hackers are evil is like saying all of a race is lazy. Hackers have done great things for almost any industry. Without PS3 hackers, we wouldnt be running homebrew and playing backups. Same with ahy game system released. Microsoft is even embracing hackers as far as the kinect is concerned.

I wish more companies would take this perspective and allow homebrew and backups of your OWN games. In another breath, forcing people to pay 60 dollars per game only to find out the game sucks needs to stop. Sure, you can return the game, but only, for the same game.

People who blindly support a corporation even tho it is chastizing those who have done GREAT things for the industry are blind followers, not leaders. You can tell this by reading the comments on that psn blog posted earlier. Everyone said basically the same thing; "PSN is teh down 'nd teh hackers are teh suck". Instead of blindly following a corporation who is obviously only looking out for its bottom line, THINK FOR YOURSELF! Ask the questions "they" dont want you to. Make the comments that ruffle feathers. Conforming is no way to live freely. Conforming gets you one thing; MORE RULES. This is a digital revolution.

This lawsuit will set the "rules" for future consoles and devices. If you want a corporation to tell you that you are only renting your equipment, then go with sony and dont ask questions and ruffle feathers.

I don't agree with what Anonymous is doing, but since talking doesn't seem to be getting the job done with sony, someone has to do something to show our points of view. Sony does things that look alright for their bottom line. They have proven that in the past. OtherOS is gone. PSN+ just gives you a crappy game or discount on other things I wouldnt pay for. But, when we ask for otherOS back, because it wasnt financially advantageous for them, they told us to basically go to hell.

I say we tell them how we feel. Tell them we wont take their shit anymore. Maybe try and setup an entire quarter of boycotting Sony. Get everyone you know to not buy anything of theirs for AT least 3 months. If we get enough people to do this, it will effect their precious bottom line.

Although it does respond (eventually) [Register or Login to view links] appears to be having issues now too.

Correction - looks like it was a temporary glitch (probably crappy programming of the website!)
    Last edited by PSPSwampy; 04-05-2011 at 07:07 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i wouldnt be surprised if sony themselves, set this up to look like they were attacked to get out of their lawsuits. "see!, this is the kind of thing we're talking about your honor, these hackers are dangerous!, imagine a hacker gets a hold of your psn account!"

Look Mr i don't know you... AND i never said that i hate hackers? Even better i am one myself lol... so what are you wanking about? Anonymous sucks big time. These kids "think" they can change companies by force...

It hasn't worked on any company so far so why would it work with Sony? And taking out PSN is not cool. People are playing with Hacked CFW on PSN and now it does not work. Because THAT is the main reason you buy a PS3. Free online gaming, like it should be!

This is so pointless

Not really - the idea is to make Sony stand up and realise they're going overboard with everything they're doing to the "hackers". They need to see that they're not invincible and that they DO need the people's support.

From Sony via IGN (ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1159776p1.html), added to the first post also:
    We are currently investigating, including the possibility of targeted behavior of an outside party. If this is indeed caused by such an act, we want to once again thank our customers who have borne the brunt of the attack through interrupted service. Our engineers are working to restore and maintain the services, and we appreciate our customers' continued support.

Hey guys. I was just wondering, I know you can manually connect to the farm they're organizing, but I'm curious about how hard it would be to use a college server to conduct these attacks? I am strictly speaking hypothetically and out of yearn for information, but is it possible?

Sponsored Links
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News