Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    UK PSN - now down [Register or Login to view links] I wish that hackers would leave this alone! They ain't going to achieve anything by this! Just upset a hell of a lot of people who have no intrest in hacking their console.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    WOHOO! Go anonymous!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is not cool you guys, really they are anoying everyone not just sony. If users want to jailbreak thats their own thing, but screwing with everyone is not fun or cool, this group doesn't respect others and thats why they fail hard. I'm not happy about this.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    While I agree that Sony can shove the Move controllers up their rear, what the group did was not right. It does not really help anyone, all it does it is giving more bad names to hackers, and in this case, people who hacks/want to hack PS3.

As i thought... NO PSN problems... All my friends that i called (throughout the Netherlands and Belgium have no problems.)

Such a pathetic action - if I didn't come on the internet last night to actually find out this was happening I wouldn't have even known due to how insignificant the attacks were, signed into PSN all fine.

Sony shrugged it off easily. Anon are pathetic. As are there supporters.

Post Anonymous Targets Sony Employees

Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalMark View Post
    Such a pathetic action - if I didn't come on the internet last night to actually find out this was happening I wouldn't have even known due to how insignificant the attacks were, signed into PSN all fine.

Sony shrugged it off easily. Anon are pathetic. As are there supporters.
    You really don't know who anonymous is/are, do you...? just one small tip: they've hacked a cybersecurity company that works for NSA.

although i do not own a ps3, i've been checking this forum since July last year when all this started, and looking at it from my non-ps3 user perspective, i would NEVER buy a ps3 nowadays because the way sony is behaving. It's a pitty that ps3 users must suffer for a little bit but in war, there's always casualties and this war is for a bigger good...for all of us... for all kind of products, not just ps3/sony.

anyway... extracted from thehackernews.com/2011/04/anonymous-takes-down-sony-pictures-us.html:
    Where do Anonymous start?

Sony is a very hard target to DDoS, and due to the current firepower we have, we cannot take out their bigger sites. Luckily for Anonymous, Sony have many other smaller sites. DDoS'ing each of these will attract a lot of attention and more users to the network. For each site Anonymous take down of theirs, our firepower will increase.

When Anonymous have hundreds in the hive, Anonymous will go for the massive targets.

Targets:
    1. [Register or Login to view links]
    2. [Register or Login to view links]
    3. [Register or Login to view links]

NOTE: Anonymous Don't know if this has been brought to attention before, but as yet another form of censorship, Sony's Blue ray player in the PS3 now mutes the audio of any burned CD/DVD, meaning when you watch a movie... about 20 mins in, the audio will Mute and a message will come up saying it has been muted due to copyright laws.

This ties in to operation Payback and I think it should be brought to attention. May help get people in the hive.
    Sources: [Register or Login to view links] and [Register or Login to view links]

Splinter group Sony Recon begins gathering personal information on Sony staff, legal team and relatives.

A group related to the “hacktivist” group Anonymous has taken its attack on Sony a step further, gathering the personal details of Sony employees, as well as the firm’s legal team and the judge involved in the PS3 hacking lawsuit.

Yesterday we reported that the increasingly political hacking group had Sony in its sights, launching Operation Sony, a coordinated campaign of DDOS attacks on Sony websites. The Sony Recon group, however, says it is gathering the personal information of “useful targets”, PlayStation Lifestyle reports.

Among those targets is Robert S. Wiesenthal, a group executive at Sony Corp. His marital status, age, address, education and family history have all been discovered and shared among the group, which is also targeting Howard Stringer, chairman, president and CEO of Sony Corp. One user asked on IRC: “No one found ANY info on Stringer’s kids?”

Sony Recon also deems as suitable targets those involved in the PS3 hacking lawsuits currently being brought against George “Geohot” Hotz, Graf Chokolo and up to 100 unnamed members of the fail0verflow group, with Sony Recon founder Randomtask posting to say: “Sony, the judge and Sony’s lawyers are all valid targets.”

Noted PS3 hacker Kakarotoks posted on Twitter to say he had spoken to Randomtask, and was assured that Sony Recon did not intend to carry out any personal attacks on the people whose details they discover, insisting that it was focused on “gathering information that is already publicly available, in the hope of finding something incriminating to help in the lawsuit. Anonymous is against violence or threatening/attacking people. He says nothing illegal is being done.”

Anonymous is targeting Sony for its conduct in its moves to shore up PS3 security after the device was hacked late last year. The group accused Sony of having “abused the judicial system in an attempt to censor information on how your products work... You have victimised your own customers merely for possessing and sharing information, and continue to target every person who seeks this information. In doing so you have violated the privacy of thousands.”

Banned User
    NOTE: Anonymous Don't know if this has been brought to attention before, but as yet another form of censorship, Sony's Blue ray player in the PS3 now mutes the audio of any burned CD/DVD, meaning when you watch a movie... about 20 mins in, the audio will Mute and a message will come up saying it has been muted due to copyright laws.
    This is quite a fabrication. I usually have to burn quite a few DVD's when they get minor scratches (since my PS3 cannot handle scratched DVD's without constant skipping and freezing) and I have never had this problem. Although I do strip all copyright protection, so perhaps a straight clone might have these issues. But cleaned ISO's have always worked fine for me on my fully updated PS3.

Go Sony, GO!!! Im entirely with you. Go find them and destroy them all!!!

good, bad, bah, look, i know it's a bummer to go and use something only to find you can't. people want to use psn. oh no, temporarily out of service, ugh; well, people also wanted to use other os... see where i'm going?

anyway, my dose sense in the matter is; these lawsuits need global attention as the results are determining a great deal of what happens online for everybody. it's good to be informed with these matters if only to see the shape of things to come.

you can bet any company that loses money due to piracy online is watching all this sony stuff go down with vested interest. information is at stake here, and privacy a casualty, and still no one is paying it the attention it deserves, even when that's the direction the entire world is moving in. i don't wish anything i'll upon anyone, but i believe the louder this story gets the better.

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News