Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    C64 - nice. Hope there will come an all-in-one package with every emulator in one file ! Nes, Snes, C64, C16, NDS, etc. in one program which can handle everything. Maybe this is an good idea for an Dev which needs something to do.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by adgloride View Post
    This is probably bottom of your to do list, but any chance of USB joystick support so I can use my competition pro? It just doesn't feel the same using a controller.
    Question for you adgloride... Did you actually try using a USB joystick? My Speedlink Competition Pro just arrived in the mail, and what do you know.. It works just fine out of the box. I expect any other HID device would do the same, though I'm thinking it might be nice to be able to remap the buttons.

However, I've just discovered some minor key-mapping problems when multiple controllers are active (groan). Most notably, this will affect "warp-mode" key mapping. To be fixed next release.

Sponsored Links

re

Sponsored Links
    +Rep TimRex for the vic 20 emu! also really love the c64 emu.

TimRex is it possible to update the vic 20 emu to play the cartridge images? that would make me happy...

Thanks for your good work!

Thank you TimRex. Can you add something to "Stop the Tape"?

Some of my tapes needs to be stopped after the loading.

Bye

Quote Originally Posted by TimRex View Post
    Question for you adgloride... Did you actually try using a USB joystick? My Speedlink Competition Pro just arrived in the mail, and what do you know.. It works just fine out of the box. I expect any other HID device would do the same, though I'm thinking it might be nice to be able to remap the buttons.

However, I've just discovered some minor key-mapping problems when multiple controllers are active (groan). Most notably, this will affect "warp-mode" key mapping. To be fixed next release.
    I never tried the joystick, just assumed it wouldn't work. Been using it for a while now and it would be nice to remap the buttons. For instance my right button is the fire and the left button does nothing. With being right handed it would be nice for the left button to work. Another great release, one of the best emulators I've ever used.

Quote Originally Posted by nedex View Post
    Can you add something to "Stop the Tape"?

Some of my tapes needs to be stopped after the loading.
    Sure thing. For some reason my collection only contained t64 images which are handled entirely differently to .tap files. Shouldn't be a big deal.

thanks for all your hard work. this release is very nice.

Unfortunately i got massive sound and graphics issues with the 1.0.3 release Stuttering sound and visible "chars" instead of pixels.

I tested various scene demos including the great "Edge of disgrace" (noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id=72550) which worked 100% fine with 1.0.2 but crashed immediately on 1.0.3 after loading disc 0 while displaying weired chars...

"1.67 years" by TOM (noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id=7251) also worked flawlessly on 1.0.2 but with the new release there are sound errors and graphic errors...

I played with the settings for a while but I couldn't get it working properly...

I'm back to 1.0.2 for the moment now.

I have also sound issues... try all sid options but wont work on most intros, demos or game. I also switch back to the 1.02

but anyway , good work.

Thats odd... Ransum, cqd.. Can you tell me which firmware you're running? Not that it should matter, I've compiled against 1.92 SDK.. But everything helps.

In fact, I've been using Edge of Disgrace as my primary test image with each build and not seen this problem before.

BUT! I do know that this title requires compatibility mode to be enabled (that is, launch it using SQUARE instead of X. There were some bug fixes made in 1.0.3 that affected how compatibility mode was activated that might be the difference you are seeing for some titles not loading correctly.

When you say "stuttering sound" is the whole thing stuttering? or just the audio? Does the framerate drop below 50fps? If so, it means the emulation can't keep up. This normally only happens when certain filters are enabled at 1080p.

If this isn't the problem, then... the more information the better

Update: I've investigated those a little further (in particular, the 1.67 Years demo). It's definitely a case of having to use compatibility mode (which uses True Drive Emulation).

Pretty interesting that it affects the audio/visual in such a way. Drives operation is tied to vsync, but.. I wonder if the TOM crew use the processor in the floppy drive to supplement the 64's original CPU? That would be a stretch

I'll be interested to find out just how many titles "need" to have TDE set.. There might be a case to default to using TDE.
    Last edited by TimRex; 12-22-2010 at 12:52 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News