Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi Squarepusher. Good job friend, you and all team.

What will be the next emulator ??

Thanks

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher2 View Post
    Some people told me to be smarter than responding to posts like this, but I just can't resist:

1 - VBA on Xbox 1 was not fullspeed - never was in fact. It had to resort to frameskipping. It isn't fullspeed on the Wii or PSP either.
    2 - Your iPhone SNES emulator (SNES HD or snes4iphone I take it - which would make it a SNES9x port) is certainly NOT getting fullspeed on all games. No SNES emulator on the PSP was ever fullspeed. If you think it does, then you never played it on real hardware. Let's leave it at that. You're getting a subpar experience on your iPhone, and on top of that, you have to pay money for SNES4iphone. Frameskip 1/2/3 is NOT the speed and fluidity at which the SNES ran.
    3 - Mugen - cannot be ported, ever, to PS3, in its current condition.

Anyway, hope some of you out there still liked what we did. I know for one I get a lot of use out of it.
    Of course I really liked it, and I'm thankful that you did port it, I agree with all you said, besides the PS3 can become the greatest platform to play all kind of games, and i don't like to play games on PC.

Thank you for your hard work, the emulators you have ported are top notch, I hope you can port a N64, or DS, emulator, I would want to play Mario Kart, with filters and at 1080p..

Sponsored Links

vba ps3 0.9.9.1

Sponsored Links
    Here is an interim update - the only changes are some noticeable speed improvements in a lot of games (Metroid Zero Mission - Advance Wars - Advance Wars 2 - Wario Land 4 - just to name a few)

VBA PS3 0.9.9.1 (FW 3.41)

Code:
    CHANGELOG:
    - Speed improvements (Metroid Zero Mission - Advance Wars - Advance Wars 2 - Wario Land 4 - just to name a few)
    This will likely be one of the first and last interim updates before we do the next noteworthy release.
    Attached Files Attached Files

quite agreed on the emulators for the ps3, the more the merrier, isn`t that what jailbreaking is all about? wicked emu m8t, keep up the good work, some of us do appreciate it, and give thanks. gba games on a gba suck, gba games via emu on my console systems, especially at full speed rocks.

Good job porting VBA to the PS3! However I must ask is it possible to port programs such as DeSmuME to the PS3 since the source code is available for download to the public?

How about porting No$GBA to the PS3? I suppose it would be a wiser decision to port something that could play not only GBA but also the DS.

No$GBA (and anything by Martin Koth for that matter) is closed source I think.

I'm quite curious actually as to how well DeSmuME runs DS games and what the system requirements are.

Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher2 View Post
    No$GBA (and anything by Martin Koth for that matter) is closed source I think.

I'm quite curious actually as to how well DeSmuME runs DS games and what the system requirements are.
    Here are the system requirements taken from: wiki.desmume.org/index.php?title=Faq:
    What are the minimum hardware requirements for DeSmuME ?

From a purely technical viewpoint, there are no real minimum requirements. However, for bearable speeds in most games (with a few exceptions), you would need at least the following:

* Windows OS: Windows XP or newer
    * Linux OS: Any recent Linux distribution with a 2.6 kernel.
    * 2 GHz Processor Core2 processor or equivalent
    * 512 MB Available RAM
    * Available Hard Drive Space: A few MB for the emulator
    * Reasonably modern 3D Acceleration (Nvidia GeForce 6800 or better), ATI cards are not recommended.
    * Optional: Sound Card, if you want sound support
    * Optional: Microphone, if you wish to make use the Microphone feature
    * Required: a brain

What are the recommended hardware requirements for DeSmuME?

The following configuration should assure that almost every game can be played at full speed:

* Windows OS: Windows XP or newer
    * Linux OS: Any recent Linux distribution with a 2.6 kernel.
    * 3 GHz Core2 Duo processor or better
    * 512 MB Available RAM
    * Available Hard Drive Space: A few MB for DeSmuME, 100MB or so for a bunch of savestates and savefiles.
    * Sound Card.
    * Microphone.

In general, the better a CPU, the better the performance. The faster the memory, the better. DeSmuME benefits a little but from multiple cores but not as much as it does individual cores being faster. DeSmuME is slower than no$gba, and is likely always to be.

Other than that the game ran perfectly fine on my older computer with Pentium 4 at 3.0Ghz and 1GB of ram.

amazing emu!! love that i can run ff6 at full speed without frame skipping!!!

Nice job on the emulator and thanks for coding it.

It is very nice not having to rely on frame skipping. keep up the great work.

I'm always glad to see emulator related news!...

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News