Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    @PSPSwampy
    I was talking about Xbox and Cygnos V2.0

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by houseman View Post
    is it going to be possible to run ps2 on the new slim 250g ps3?
    Sorry, no ps2 games, but sony will allow us to play ps1 games. I just don't get it, when I bought my ps3 i could not wait to get it home and put Linux on it (supported by Sony itself, or so i thought) and i had my eye on a couple ps2 games. Only to get it home and find out that in exchange for a "slimmer unit ($)" and a bigger harddrive, i had bought the friggin "weight watchers" version! oh well maybe next time.

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    Does anyone forsee hombrew enabled on cechg01 an cechh01 models? it looks like a lost cause to me. i have both and with the new official firmware they run like crap even more the other models.

Arrow

Concerning the swap method, all I can say is that playing PS1 and PS2DVD backups are working 90% of the games I've tested (over 100 combined I think). The issues occurs in PS2CD games for some reason. There's a really low compatibility rate in this.

With the PlayStation 3 60GB had implemented a program to use the games in the Playstation 2. I do not know why this was removed in new versions.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by xxdavide84xx View Post
    With the PlayStation 3 60GB had implemented a program to use the games in the Playstation 2. I do not know why this was removed in new versions.
    Sony admitted it was removed in an effort to cut costs so they could drop the PS3 price to $299.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    It actually (sorta) is for some Devs... for example, recently Hellcat from the PSP scene got a job with Sony working on PSP Minis and had to give up homebrew as a result. ([Register or Login to view links])
    Likely some of those would stay devs in the scene providing information to sony so that even the "dev" class and information they have is not quite secret as they'd want it even when its not made public.

Its funny how many ppl here don't want the ps3 hacked.

What do the ps1 games run on?

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Sony admitted it was removed in an effort to cut costs so they could drop the PS3 price to $299.
    removing the motion chip i think yes, but software? especially software they already have coded, patented etc.? - very weird.

they removed otheros support in slim variante, but thats nothing related to costs except licenses, they already paid/got. without this support they also cant declare the ps3 as a fully pc for toll etc. very first firmware updates had updates for the ps2emu software if i remember well

if all ps3s are pretty much same hw (newer/older chips) it should be possible to upgrade the 40gig/etc firmware with that emulator am i wrong? :~

greetz

I think there was still some ps2 hardware inside, but part of the process was emulated. Now all the hardware is gone..

Quote Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    I think there was still some ps2 hardware inside, but part of the process was emulated. Now all the hardware is gone..
    Ya, there was still the GS graphics chip and only the EE was emulated. I donīt know if itīs possible or not to emulate the GS chip but I was very dissapointed that they didnīt bring back at least partial BC through full emulation. some say itīs not possible but I believe Sony could do it on their hardware if they wanted to.

Maybe they just decided that it would be a better and more proftable stategy for them and the publishers to go the way of God of War. Rerelease alot of games remastered for the PS3.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News