Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb Updates on PS3 JailBreak games

Sponsored Links
    Hello,

Been doing some research and testing to update games backed up with BM, and thanks goes to AchillesPDX for telling this!

1. Download the Update to your PC using the PS3 Demo Manager proxy program or from the links provided here.
    2. Use the PS3 Demo Installer to create the extra files you need to install on the PS3.
    3. Using the instructions that come with PS3 Demo Installer, FTP your update to the PS3 using the FTP server.
    4. Reboot without the jailbreak enabled and install the update.
    5. Reboot again WITH the jailbreak enabled and start the FTP server.
    6. Replace the EBOOT.BIN that got installed from the update with the decrypted one that originally came from the blu-ray disc. It should be located in dev_hdd0/game/(your games serial number)/USRDIR
    7. Exit the FTP program.
    8. Launch your backup.
    9. Enjoy!

And here is the deal, there was some question about 6. that maybe it would make the backup (not updated again since its original EBOOT.BIN), but i can confirm thats this is not the case.

Here´s what i did, backed up Resident Evil 5 and when i started it he tells me there is a new update availible in this case 2.0 (if you try to install it with the game running from BM it will give you an error after download complete and its going to install), so i rebooted ps3 and ran the game from the original game disc and he tells me there is an update and this time it will sucess installing.

Turn of ps3 and jailbreak it again, start FTP and replace the EBOOT.BIN in update folder with the original one /dev_hdd0/game/LAUN12345/GAMEZ/BLES00485/PS3_GAME/USRDIR , and this time when i start the game thru BM it wont say anything about a new update.

That makes me think atleast that the update is fine, as it doesent ask to update anymore.

If anyone has anything to add please tell me, im not certain it works on all games gonna try some more, biggest problem is to get hold of the update files when you dont have the original game disc, (i dont seem to find all newest updates on the psn file list on the site)

And really sorry if i write cryptic (hard to understand), not writing much in english let me know if its anything unclear and i try to explain!

Regards

Update: Same goes with Red Dead Redemption, to works after update to 1.04 (game data tells version: 1.04) and runs fine with backup mananger!
    Last edited by EiKii; 09-19-2010 at 07:25 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What's the point of this? You're removing the updated EBOOT and replacing it with the old one, why not just skip updating?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well on a game Like Mafia II it will keep nagging you to update even while playing so that can get old fast, so if you can remove the nag bar that would be on reason to do this.

The real test to see if your really installing the update or just spoofing it would be try a game like GTA IV that has no trophies install the update with this method and see if it added the trophies.
    Last edited by barbnjason; 09-19-2010 at 07:34 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by the wire View Post
    What's the point of this? You're removing the updated EBOOT and replacing it with the old one, why not just skip updating?
    well sometimes bugs are fixed and other things to improve gameplay, and yes i know but as far as i can see its updated anyway. AS FAR AS I CAN SEE so im not really sure (it indicates it is working tho)

Quote Originally Posted by barbnjason View Post
    Well on a game Like Mafia II it will keep nagging you to update even while playing so that can get old fast, so if you can remove the nag bar that would be on reason to do this.

The real test to see if your really installing the update or just spoofing it would be try a game like GTA IV that has no trophies install the update with this method and see if it added the trophies.
    yes and bugs etc, yea unfortunatly i traded in my GTA IV game, gonna try get my hands on it again and try that, in that case we would know for sure if it works.

Gonna try it.
    Last edited by EiKii; 09-19-2010 at 07:41 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

how risky is it, to be connected to the internet? (I know your probably not conneted to the PSN) SO if your only connected to the internet, how big is the risk of beeing banned?

Quote Originally Posted by yigga View Post
    how risky is it, to be connected to the internet? (I know your probably not conneted to the PSN) SO if your only connected to the internet, how big is the risk of beeing banned?
    no idea actually, yes idd i dont have any psn on it, connected tru gigabit switch so i can acess it with FTP and he finds updates so i guess he has some connection to some sony server, dont know if updates are another server or something he never told me there is a new fw,

what would they ban me from?as im not "connected" or atleast active to some account,

i guess they could ban the console ID...but i wouldnt think so either, since you dont even have a PSN account and didnt agree to their terms and conditions.

in reference to this list, Debug PlayStation Network (PSN) Links. how can we log the links? can we see the url in the router logs?
    Last edited by yigga; 09-20-2010 at 06:31 AM

yea i did,

hmm i read someone made some testing last night, tbh i'm not sure what's the best way to do it is..

i just leave the ethernet unplugged to avoid the "update is available" when lauching a game. i'll plug it up when i need ftp access.

Quote Originally Posted by soldier View Post
    i just leave the ethernet unplugged to avoid the "update is available" when lauching a game. i'll plug it up when i need ftp access.
    yea that would work to, but i assume some people would like their game updated, for whatever reason.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News