Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Updated via the HTTP server

Sponsored Links
    Hi,

In the fw 200,002 was added the option "Updated via the HTTP server"

Debug Settings -> Update Server URL

This makes it easier management of the fw from our pc.
    It is not necessary to follow the exact steps with directories, also know if the official way, but you can find this and finally it works.

Ps3

"Debug Settings

-Update Server URL

[Register or Login to view links] (192.168.0.x -> The IP of our pc)

In doing so the option is available: Update via Internet-> System Update

PC

We must install a web server, Apache or another, in this case was Apache, install normally.

We look for the folder / htdocs (Program Files / Apache / htdocs) where we can create other folders to hold multiple fw or just put it in the root.

/ Apache/htdocs/update/ps3

/ 220/PS3UPDAT.PUP -> fw 2.20 debug
    / 242/PS3UPDAT.PUP -> fw 2.42 debug
    / 315/PS3UPDAT.PUP -> fw 3.15 debug

In the root, / httdocs, copy the following files: ps3-updatelist.txt, it is important Dest = XX is the number 82 would be the flag that corresponds to the ps3_test, (81-reference tool, 82 - debugging station, 83 "JAP, etc. ..)

ps3-updatelist.txt

# DE
    Dest = 82; ImageVersion = 0000a20e; SystemSoftwareVersion = 2.5200; CDN = [Register or Login to view links] CDN_Timeout = 30;

This would be to install the version 2.52.

For version 3.15 would be the next, and so for each version you just have to change the number.

#DE
    Dest = 82; ImageVersion = 0000a20e; SystemSoftwareVersion = 3.1500; CDN = [Register or Login to view links] CDN_Timeout = 30;

And this would be the method, for up to download the version,you can have all the versions hosted on your pc.

regards

Sponsored Links

Wink

Sponsored Links
    very informative. Thanks for sharing this!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    How to put the update on the server because your explanation (Randalf) is not very understandable.

[Register or Login to view code]

What do all these words for your topic is very interresting? Please
    Last edited by LIL935; 04-20-2010 at 07:52 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi,

I regret not being able to give a better explanation, the English language is a real problem for me and I thought that the more simple it would be better understood, now I'll try to do it in more detail.

PC
    Apache HTTP Server ----> [Register or Login to view links] I use this: Win32 OpenSSL 0.9.8m Including Binary (MSI Installer)

Install Apache http server with the default options: c:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\apache2.2\....\htdocs

The /htdocs directory is where you copy ps3-updatelist.txt and PS3UPDAT.PUP, so as to create the folders if you want to host more than one version of fw, is where PS3 will connect.

ps3-updatelist.txt
    Create or edit ps3-updatelist.txt:

[Register or Login to view code]

Dest=82 -> Debugging_station flag.
    SystemSoftwareVersion = 3.1500 -> The version of fw
    192.168.0.5 -> The ip of your pc (run-> cmd.exe-> ipconfig)
    /Update/ps3/315/ -> Copy PS3UPDAT.PUP in /315/

Copy final file ps3-updatelist.txt in /htdocs folder:..../Apache2.2/htdocs/ps3-updatelist.txt

All this can do otherwise, edit ps3-updatelist.txt or have several, create folders or not, just edit and modify the route. Here are ps3-updatelist.txt ps3-prepared for the 2.20,2.52 and 3.15 fw.

Folders
    In the /htdocs create the following folders:

/ Update/ps3 /
    / 220 /
    / 252 /
    / 315 /

-Copy debug fw 2.20 (PS3UPDAT.PUP) in the / 220 /
    -Copy debug fw 2.52 (PS3UPDAT.PUP) in the / 252 /
    -Copy debug fw 3.15 (PS3UPDAT.PUP) in the / 315 /

*Start Apache

Ps3 Debugging Station
    "Debug Settings"
    "Update Server URL"

Add the following en "Update Server URL":

[Register or Login to view links] (192.168.0.x -> The IP of Our pc)

Return to the XMB and select "System Update".The option "Update via Internet" will be enabled.

If you select "Update via Internet" the process is exactly like that when upgrading a retail PS3 online, in this case the fw (PS3UPDAT.PUP) is downloaded from our pc served by Apache server,both up or down version.

A final explanatory picture:

I hope this is it. bye
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

ps3news_1.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thumbs Up

Nice way of managing updates, also it seems very effective.

Is the update process you have put together here is that on server in your house or is it located somewhere else?

Hi,

It is only a server at home, maybe there is your own server, like the ps3 shop: //fshop01.ps3.update.playstation.net /...

I did some combinations, but never got a result, for example changing "shop" with 'dex ',' dech', etc. ..

[Register or Login to view links] but you get error about authentication, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by nicksasa View Post
    [Register or Login to view links] but you get error about authentication, of course.
    I believe that its use is only offline, I guess if you work with debug multiple units in one place, at a time should go up or down versions for testing, this would be a most convenient way to access the fw warehouse, so to speak, just as I imagined, actually I have no idea.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News