Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

UnSIG PS3 SIG File Decrypter and Re-crypter is Now Available

Sponsored Links
    Today PlayStation 3 developer CrashSerious has released UnSIG, a PS3 SIG File Decrypter and Re-crypter homebrew application for Sony's .SIG files.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror)

To quote: This release is a tool that will decrypt (and then also re-encrypt) the SIG files that were leaked in the CEX-DEX packages earlier this year and also the files released by an0nymous a month or so ago. The SIG files have not gotten a lot of attention, maybe because no one could read them. However, that's about to change.

Why should you care about this release?

Because the SIG files are a list of instructions for the objective suites application to interface to the lv2diag.self files that were leaked with the previous Objective Suites stuff. Very low level stuff, for the most part, that will actually let you modify settings in the PS3 firmware.

With the proper information (the piece that math has kept to himself), CEX to DEX conversions are not only possible- but are a reality. Things like reading (and writing) the ECID, IDPS, KIBAN_ID, and console serial number... just to name a few. Basically, it's a very low level trusted connection that is made and the PS3 does what you ask it to via Objective Suites.

How do I use this?

To un-SIG- In the unsig tab, select "Open SIG File" and the file's encrypted contents will be loaded and displayed in the first text box. Then Select "Decypher" and the Decyphered text will be displayed in the second. It will also create an Microsoft Excel readable (and editable) file in the same folder with ".XLS" added as an extension.

To Re-SIG- In the resig tab, follow the same exact process as above except select the xls file. The process works the same, except the file saved as a ".SIG" extension on it.

Keep in mind, while this tool will create a valid SIG file that Objective Suites *CAN* use. It should initially be used as a tool to learn more about the SIG file format.

If you find something useful in reversing the SIG files, do me a favor- put it in the wiki and give back to the scene, would ya? You can start off by looking here: ps3devwiki.com/index.php?title=SIG_File_Format

What we were attempting to convey last month is that, honestly, people need to work together more. No one person is going to break the PS3 wide open. GeoHot, didn't do it by himself. Kakaroto, won't by himself. And neither will math. It's time to work together as a collective group, and not as a bunch of disfunctional individuals. Together we are strong, separately we are just weak.

ONE FINAL NOTE: the last release of Objective Suites that an0nymous leaked had a trojan in it- BE AWARE and BEWARE!! I know ****** released a cleaned one and the first release was virus free. Make sure you get that one if you run the Objective Suites application. HOWEVER, the SIG files in the An0nymous release are new and of value to the scene.

Finally, in related news Sony PlayStation 3 hacker [Register or Login to view links] has made available a small ssleay32.dll patch for ObjectiveSuites.

UnSIG PS3 SIG File Decrypter and Re-crypter is Now Available

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    Cheers for the news HeyManHRU and +Rep! Also, this was from IRC last night... for what it's worth:

[an0nym0us] [Register or Login to view links]
    [mysis] dst[i] = (char)0x9e - (char)src[i] ;
    [mysis] lol :>
    [keperfear] sig to xls converter?
    [an0nym0us] yes
    [an0nym0us] xls to sig convertor too
    [an0nym0us] wrote it twice now and keep losing it (was nearly lost a 3rd time just now), so I figure it should be out there

[Register or Login to view code]

Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hope this will help the scene

It's amazing how people code the kinds of things lol. Makes me wish I knew a lot more about the PS3 so I could try to contribute something to the PS3 scene

Nice work, about time this came out. However, not to take away from the work, but the notes say it will decrypt / encrypt sig files. They technically are not encrypted, its more of a "simple" substitution. I say simple, for cryptographers, for most other people (like me!) it's nothing close to simple!

thx

so what is the patch for? seems like everyone get their hand busy with it..

Basically just to allow developers to tinker further with the CEX/DEX ObjectiveSuites that were previously leaked... for end users, probably not of much use until more progress is made.

You're right boss, just a step forward, nothing more ...

I didn't even know what the news I was posting was about , I guess it is a step forward though.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News