Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Tools for DEBUG FW 1.50

Sponsored Links
    Debug Firmwares 1.00 and 1.50 are available for download for a some time and AFAIK pre-1.51 firmwares allow to run ELFs directly, to install retail packages, to decrypt retail EBOOTs and so on. However I faced a major problem with those firmwares - there are no tools (like ftp-server) to exploit its possibilities.

All the public-released tools (that I can find) have been created with 1.92 SDK at least so they don't run under 1.50 firmware. Also I didn't see any SDK prior 160.008 in a wild i.e. it's unable to compile own tools for the 1.50 firmware. Are there any tools available?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The SDK 160.008 can actually create applications that will run on it, however that is not complete, and finding a full version of that is next to impossible.

However - at least, for a PS3 TEST, all of its debugging features (for the most part) are non-existent until FW 2.00 or so.

Furthermore , it can't decrypt retail EBOOT's, nor can it run ELF's directly - hate to disappoint, but its not "miracle firmware".

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I read that FW 1.50 has much fewer protection than later versions. AFAIR, there were topics like http://www.ps3news.com/forums/playst...ump-94253.html that's why I think the 1.50 FW allows to call a function load an EBOOT into memory (somethink like SifLoadElf in PS2).

Yeah, it was possible to do that back before 2.10, as with a debug box, you could attach to the running process, and dump it out - but games made after 2.10 denied it.

Registered User imperfectionest's Avatar
    since one can now downgrade, wouldn't it make sense to sacrifice a ps3 and downgrade that far down, while running the code to look for more holes? and if that was possible, then work our way back to the current fw?

you have the issue though of not all machines can downgrade that far, and also if you are able or unable to even get it to downgrade that low would it be a complete or incomplete downgrade, also a very high chance of errors.

Quote Originally Posted by shummyr View Post
    you have the issue though of not all machines can downgrade that far, and also if you are able or unable to even get it to downgrade that low would it be a complete or incomplete downgrade, also a very high chance of errors.
    To go back that far with out issues i would assume that it would need to be a launch 20/60 gb model hence all the hardware changes since launch. The idea of getting a exploit that far back is slim IMO being how anal sony is about security.

Very true, the only real way to achieve it is to have a launch console with the emotion engine and all the other hardware in the original 60 gigs straight from launch.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News