Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes, No bluray in hybrid, I think there is no more risk of losing it completly than if you was to install 2.36 debug. Anyway think that problem is nearly sorted now by the team working on the DRL tools, Hopefully! I have lost it on one of my other consoles but not to bothered to fix it yet.

i'm sure it will be sorted easily and permanantly soon if its not already. I'm still mad to get unmatched drive boards working too, this is a problem for lots of people, I hope someone sorts it soon.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I had previously backed up all HDD content & all 3 dev_flashs. So i can reactivate my PSN content & blu-ray playback if needed.

edit: SK i hope you have done the same & backed up everything via ftp.
    Last edited by IndyColtsFan84; 01-04-2011 at 08:28 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i'm hopefully going to get a pup downgrader working - i doubt it but HEY! better than watching sopranos all day.

Well, a bit of bad news. Blu-ray playback has been broken for me, however i am able to restore it because i backed up all my data. Also PSN content gets deactivated when installing. Yet again i am saved by backing up my data. Also xRegistry.sys needed to be restored for all my personal settings.

No worries here, my PS3 has been restored to its previous condition with no permanent side-effects, for now at least! LoL So always remember to BACKUP YOUR DATA before hand so u can restore what is needed.

Aside for that everything is perfect, Great Job Devil & TeaM-Acid! Keep it up!

edit: SK, if you need any help getting things back to normal i will gladly help. Assuming you backed up your data!

So as long as you backup your data, your OK! at the very leastt there are a specific files that can be backed up to restore blu-ray playback, PSN content & personal settings (xRegistry.sys)
    Last edited by IndyColtsFan84; 01-04-2011 at 09:08 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by IndyColtsFan84 View Post
    edit: SK, if you need any help getting things back to normal i will gladly help. Assuming you backed up your data!

So as long as you backup your data, your OK! at the very leastt there are a specific files that can be backed up to restore blu-ray playback, PSN content & personal settings (xRegistry.sys)
    Nah i'll be okay thanks everything i need is on the hard drive and i lost bluray playback long long ago.

PLUS my drive is dead and i'm too tired to fix it.

<3

I take it from all of this that it's not really worth releasing to the public?

I would love try this, but as IndyColtsFan84 said, i'll do a full backup first. =D

I have my hands on a silver jap ps3 atm, so throw a pm (not here) to me.

gf doesn't mind me testing on her ps3 ;]

Quote Originally Posted by FMAranda View Post
    I would love try this, but as IndyColtsFan84 said, i'll do a full backup first. =D
    i recommend doing backup via ftp, not with backup utility. I plan on outlining the specific files needed to restore blu-ray playback, psn content & personal settings(xRegistry.sys) so a COMPLETE backup is not needed.

Files needed to restore blu-ray playback are located in dev_flash3/data-revoke/drl

DRL1 + DRL2

*note: will not work if blu-ray playback has previously been broken by downgrade or any other reason

Files needed to restore personal settings are located in dev_flash2/etc

xRegistry.sys

Files needed to reactivate PSN content are located in dev_hdd0/home/0000000XX/exdata

act.dat

*note: 000000XX may be different for you
    *note2: If you have multiple users with PSN content there will be multiple folders in dev_hdd0/home. Make sure to backup the act.dat file inside the exdata folder for each user so you can reactivate PSN content for all users.

These files are required for restoring blu-ray playback, PSN content & personal settings, however, i recommend a complete backup of all 3 dev_flashes & hdd0 for safety sake, just in case something else gets messed up. Yes, it may take some time to make a complete backup via ftp, but in the event your HDD gets corrupted or something goes wrong in one the flashes, you will always have this backup you can restore from.

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News