Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

SynaPS3 - PS3 Compatibility, Backup and Homebrew Library

Sponsored Links
    After being delayed for several days pending some bugs and features, we're proud to release SynaPS3 - PS3 compatibility, backup and homebrew library with all but 1 intended release feature!

Download: SynaPS3 / [Register or Login to view links]

SynaPS3 is a simple library for people using the Sony PS3 Cell SDK, primarily made for making applications universally compatible with payloads, to help extend and improve existing functions for homebrew, and to add new functions.

Documentation for SynaPS3 is on github. Some of the most notable features of SynaPS3 included syscall36 compatibility on ALL PL3 payloads, and syscall35 compatibility on Hermes v3 and Hermes v4 payloads. To integrate these compatibility fixes it's as simple as opening the source of an existing program, removing the syscall35/syscall36 functions, and including SynaPS3!

SynaPS3 also has functions to help save you time while coding, such as ReadFirmwareVersion, IsBlurayGame, Firmware342Fix, and more.

SynaPS3 is nowhere near where we want it to be yet. This is only the beginning. SynaPS3 aims to become a full library, with PS3 dialogs and full PNG output.

A decent chunk of our code was inspired by Open Manager and we'd like to thank all the coders who worked on it.

A decent chunk of our code was inspired by Open Manager and we'd like to thank all the coders who worked on it. SynaPS3 is released under [Register or Login to view links] license.

The one feature we feel we could have included in this initial SynaPS3 release was GetPayloadCaps(), designed to return payload capabilities. While the functions included in SynaPS3 do check before running functions that may not be supported, GetPayloadCaps() was designed for use in homebrew. We plan to include this in our next update.

You can find SynaPS3 [Register or Login to view links]. We will try and ALWAYS have only stable commits that work up on github. If you find one that isn't stable or something not working, notify us!

Enjoy, and let us know what you think!

- n4ru, methionine_

Finally, in related news PS3 developer Tactik-knife made available PS3 Console Compatibility v2.00 with details below, as follows:

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: Hi guys. Following various remarks elsewhere, I decided to make a small program for all the beginners who want to jailbreak their console.

PS3 Console Compatibility v2.00 is a small software that allows you, PS3 owners, to know whether their model is compatible with the PS3 jailbreak.

How use it?

Very simply, if you want any information of your console and know if she compatible or not, you must select your PS3 model and click to "Lancer la recherche", the program tel you all you need to know.

Credits:

Thank's to psdevwiki for all information about different PS3.
    Thank's to Zer01one ans Littlebalup for help
    Thank's to DefaultDNB and this PPC+ for the original idea

P.S: For the moment, my tool is only in french (normal, I'm Swiss ) but if a lot of people take it here, I can make an English version.

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

216230Screenshot1558.png   311771Screenshot1560.png   806211Screenshot1557.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by PS3 News; 11-19-2010 at 04:40 AM Reason: Updated license link and details per n4ru's request.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for sharing this n4ru and +Rep, it's now posted in the Site News as well.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Thanks for sharing this n4ru and +Rep, it's now posted in the Site News as well.
    Thanks, REALLY fast response to my news request.

No problem... when I am around they don't sit in the queue for hours, the rest of the time they do though hehe.

Looks very promissing ! But you live in a free world. There always will be people that temper with software -.-

The no modification without notifying us and updating first rule is so we don't get forks of SynaPS3 outside of our control, we have no problem adding any updates or features requested or code given, it's supposed to be a unified library, hence why we don't want forks. It's not code theft we're afraid of.

Also the fact that if it's modified and released in another program's source people might think we wrote all the code, or they might add their own credits inside and mark it up as they see fit. I prefer a single source.

Thanks to the creators of SynaPS3, I'm sure it will help the scene to progress even more! PS3 scene is growing really fast.

Nice name, nice logo!

Quote Originally Posted by n4ru View Post
    The no modification without notifying us and updating first rule is so we don't get forks of SynaPS3 outside of our control, we have no problem adding any updates or features requested or code given, it's supposed to be a unified library, hence why we don't want forks. It's not code theft we're afraid of.

Also the fact that if it's modified and released in another program's source people might think we wrote all the code, or they might add their own credits inside and mark it up as they see fit. I prefer a single source.
    I appreciate your work and I understand your approach, which seems to be to make the whole payload-mess irrelevant for coders and end-users.

But on the other hand I feel, that this is not going into the right direction because it encourages users and coders to use payloads which are not sufficient for the tasks they intend to do:

We have the PL3 no_unauth_payload on which we are able to use the PS3 close to a debugging station. You can backup and run everything you can on other payloads, but you don't have root access. This shouldnt be some kind of problem because licensed game developers dont have root access to their debugging stations either.

Think about it: An enduser tool on a windows or linux desktop which pokes around in the system area of the memory would be considered malicious. I also already tested some backup manager which corrupted my backup data in a situation where absolutely no altering of the backup data was needed to run the backup. To read the system version from version.txt might look like a fancy feature, but it should be completely unnecessary, because of the simple fact, that even licensed developers seem to have no read access to this file.

From my point of view, sooner or later users will have to fix their permissions in order to be compatible with access rights of normal user level. From my knowing, at this time this could only be done proper with deleting/reformatting everything and clean install on no_unauth.

So what I don't understand is, what is the point in giving users and coders a workaround for staying on insufficient payloads? On no_unauth the user simply can't mess with permissions, because they are restricted.

I am sure that with your additions to the cc-license you follow only good intentions and are not going to enforce them. However, from a legal point of view they maybe pointless. Your licensing is in contradiction to F.1. of the Terms of Service of Github. So what is the point in releasing this stuff there if you don't want a fork?

So please don't get me wrong, just some thoughts on how the 'scene' is developing.

You bring up good points. While I strongly agree that pl3 should be the payload everyone uses, I thought of the people with clones as well. Not everyone can buy a new dongle when theirs can't update or flash hexes, and so are stuck on an old unsupported payload.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News