Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thankfully the law does work in some parts of the world. I still recall the sad local case of MCDonald vs MCAllen. As you may have guessed poor little MCAllen had a tiny sausage stand where he sold a few 100 sausages each day. MCDonald sued him for using the "MC". MCAllen won of cause.

Anyways, the point is that large companies sues everyone by default.. small or large it dosnt matter to them. The main thing with sueing is also to "stop & desist" anyone else as long as possible. Poor MCAllen couldn't sell anything for months. Only thing MCDonald won from this was a nationwide bad rep.

I totally understand that Sony wants so keep there trademarks safe. Of cause we all know that this current case isn't about trademarks at all but is just their way to stop JB and the rest as long as possible.

Should 2ony win this because its a tool that could be use with the 92E then i would be VERY surprised. It would be like a big car company winning a case over someone selling car-tires because the tires MIGHT fit their car.

Last i check i owned my 92E and i understand that Sony don't like me hitting it with a hammer (or a JB dongle) but since i own it .. isn't it my choice if i want or not? I wonder when Sony starts suing people who sell hammers.
    Last edited by TheDevil; 12-07-2010 at 02:29 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevil View Post
    Last i check i owned my 92E and i understand that Sony dont like me hitting it with a hammer (or a JB dongle) but since i own it .. isn't it my choice if i want or not? I wonder when Sony starts suing people who sell hammers.
    Sure you own it, but you don't own the software inside it. You're granted a copy of it, to use as long as they'd like you to. They can brick every ps3 right now and not lose a court case over it. Did you read your EULA?

tbh, someone should sue sony and make them revise their eula like the government did with credit card companies' tos.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevil View Post
    I still recall the sad local case of MCDonald vs MCAllen. As you may have guessed poor little MCAllen had a tiny sausage stand where he sold a few 100 sausages each day. MCDonald sued him for using the "MC". MCAllen won of cause.
    I know nothing about this specific example but I'm guessing McAllen weren't using the 'Mc' to implicitly leech off the success of McDonalds, hence why they would have one.

I'm tipping Sony wouldn't care less if someone released a toaster (or anything else completely unrelated) modelled "PS3", the difference here is that these products specifically, and undeniably, refer to Sony's trademarked product. People are exploiting Sony's IP for their own benefit and should be stopped.

If that affects people's ability to leech everything they can to meet their overinflated sense of entitlement then all the better.

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News