Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sony hoping the website owners will cave as soon as they send a scary letter.

Seriously they can't own the combination of letters PS. And the hardware they sell has no circumvention data on it when shipped anyway. So they can't do jack.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This reminds of how they went after capon through tax evasion they donít have as strong a case as they would have you believe on the hardware side so there using copyright and trademark technicalities as there weapon what they donít relies is that new clones are coming out every day and that now they will all just name themselves p.s.III.JB and simply side step Sonyís case

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    They can't trademark PS. It's commonly used as post-script. I don't see these just 'PS' ones working out for Sony.

They are probably talking about the stylized logo which is a trademark , the S at the bottom as in the Boss's avatar. Ps.com is some powerline systems Uk website , that's no trademark.
    Last edited by mafiadog; 10-03-2010 at 08:05 AM

Oops... sorry Sony! I will change my name to something in russian, kanji or greek alphabet, ok? Please don't sue me for using your copyrighted alphabet! My name has a lot of P and S, i'm screwed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jes03 View Post
    How about we call everything "PSJ" as in "PSJ Groove". They say we can't use the PS so why not PSJ? They don't own the letters PSJ.
    that's still illegal as the 'PS' is referring to 'playstation'.

"SCEA is the exclusive licensee of the trademarks for, among others, PlayStation, PS, PS3, PS.com and PSP (collectively, the Trademarks.) the PS3 Jailbreak Device bears copies of the PS3, PS and PS.com trademarks
    However there's a workaround for this. From here on let us all refer the PS as the 'Personal System'. so, for instance, use the PSJ to refer to Personal System Jailbreak, PS3 to Personal System 3.
    the Trademarks have become, through widespread and favorable public acceptance and recognition, an asset of substantial value as a symbol of SCEA
    we just have to change the public perception of the word ps

Also, make sure never to write P.S. in your letters to your wife, girlfriend, family etc., as in "P.S. I forgot to tell you something". They might demand to confiscate everything you, your family, and your future children own or will ever own.

O NOES! Please don't sue me Mr. Sony lawyers! *quivers in fear*...*snicker*

Crap - need to change my name too

This post was brought to you by the letters P, S and the number 3

Big bird was never as much of a tool though.

PSPSwampy. (eek - don't sue me!)

What a bunch of crap - I guess in the next document they are going to ask that we turn over our Htcs , Blackcats,TI84s,& Iphones. LoL The harder they push the harder we try. If anything they are promoting these jailbreak devices lol imagine the people who dont know about jailbreaking accidentally fall upon one of the articles of sony vs jailbreak lol Thanks Sony we need all the Devs we can get!!!

Some of these companies should just name their products as "system breaker" and then write compatible with ps3 on the packaging to avoid more bs from sony.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News