Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sony Targets PS JailBreak, PSFreedom and PSGroove PS3 Hacks

Sponsored Links
    Today garyopa at PSX-Scene.com (linked above) reports that Sony appears to be targeting the PS JailBreak, PSFreedom and PSGroove related PS3 hacks and has shared numerous court documents for those interested.

From one of the documents, to quote: "Similarly targeted document subpoenas or deposition notices to any other third party who SCEA learns may be involved in the distribution or sale of the PS Jailbreak software, known as, for example, PSGroove, OpenPSJailbreak, and PSFreedom, or who may have knowledge of the distribution or sale of this illicit software."

PS3 hacker Mathieulh is also mentioned in one of the documents as recently [Register or Login to view links] to be one of 20 individuals behind PSGroove, to quote: "Mathieu Hervais told BBC News he was one of about 20 hackers involved in PSGroove's development."

Just under a month ago Sony was granted an injunction by Australian Courts on the sale of PSJailBreak PS3 modchips, followed by blocking PS JailBreak and PS3 proxy methods with the release of the PS3 Firmware 3.42 update, so only time will tell what their next move is.

Sony Targets PS JailBreak, PSFreedom and PSGroove PS3 Hacks

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    this is sad, didn't they make psgroove so it could only play homebrew?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This reminds me of a movie quote... "Why... won't... you... DIE!!!"

Give it up Sony. There's no way you're going to censor/stop/sue all of us.

Yea, from what I gather Sony is really after the PS JailBreak folks (who seem to have disappeared) and so they are trying to extract any information they can from anyone who might know something.

I'm not a Hacker, (runs)

Jailbreaking is perfectly legal.. at least in US, following the recent ruling!

They are taking posts from sites and rolling you guys up in as well so I hope your aware. They might be trying to issue you a take down order, or even worse try to get you to give up all users information that have contributed to the scene. I guess we'll find out in the next few days...

Quote Originally Posted by tripellex View Post
    This reminds me of a movie quote... "Why... won't... you... DIE!!!"

Give it up Sony. There's no way you're going to censor/stop/sue all of us.
    AH the good old "you can catch one of us but you cant catch us all after all we are all alike" defense i like it... i cant help but think that if this would have been free information and there weren't people selling AVR boards as ps3 hacking means with special packaging and such sony would not care as much it would just have been a firmware battle like the psp was

Quote Originally Posted by shattacrew View Post
    this is sad, didn't they make psgroove so it could only play homebrew?
    Yeah. they removed the ability to load backups so Sony going after them might be a bit of a stretch. It would look bad as the only route they have is to accuse that the people allowed customers who OWNED their hardware to do what they want with it. Which court is going to see it sony's way? Who am I kidding. Big company = right

This is such old news as in almost a month old, thats why you dont see any "official" new releases from "team psgroove". Check the date on BBC its Sept 3rd. BUT WHAT IS THE WIN.... is that we the "end users" have jsut about unlimited power now and WE create the scene with modified versions of everything that comes out.

Everyone one wants to be the first, just like in posts. But what's really happening is we are all working together and getting what needs to be done... DONE! We all have lives, that takes up time and what time we do have gets devoted to helping out what we believe in.

(Openness) We, "The Scene" have unlimited sources and time, compared to $ony, who has a division of people that only work from point A to point B. We work all the time. If people arent up in ASIA working on this then its the US, if not there its SPAIN (good work out there),... you get the point. THIS IS WHY I DO WHAT I DO. FOR THE UNDERGROUND. (this is the closest well get to world peace, except for those lamers going around as TeamICE *cough sony cough* bricking crap)

Mike

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News