Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I notice its SCEAmerica that is doing all this.. anything to do with the sue culture over in america.

hey dude i'm suing you, well i'm suing you, well i'm suing ya mum, well i'm suing ya nan.

WELL I'M SUING SUE!!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is so absurd. I really wish there was a clear cut definition of what 'Circumvention' is, when its legal and when its' illegal, and whether or not a device can be banned retro-actively.

There is so much speculation that goes to this case too, I doubt one person in that court has any understanding of how the PSGroove goes about its business...its a witch trial with the whole, "it does this, which it shouldn't be able to do without the MAGIC of the GODS...it much be a witch", feel to it. Making matters worse are the motions to expedite matters which will ultimately lead to less understanding than necessary.

Anyone able to tell me without a doubt if me having a complete backup of all 60 of my purchased and owned PS3 games would be illegal?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    They say a picture says a thousand words. Well I think the one below only needs the two. Maybe he was onto something.....

Anyways, the only people Sony is really hurting are themselves. Yeah, great way to sell a product Sony. Take away everything that made it great (ie. Other OS, third party controllers XD, Micheal Jackson) and then blame the consumer and tell them it's their fault. By the time this is all said and done, all we will be left with is a Blu-ray coaster and Britney Spears.

But to be honest, the way the scene is moving atm, things are looking good for the consumer and very bad for Sony. So go ahead Sony take it all down idc about online or dlc. I have a PC for that. I've never been a pirate either, but it looks like some Sony titles are due for some pillaging.

And to this great site I send you the best of wishes. "Be strong, be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary Sony walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour." But like any other big cat, they don't stand a chance against a big gun. And let it be known that this community shall be your ammunition, we will keep you loaded and primed. If we all stick together, these big corporate moguls stand no chance against us.

Peace be with you my friends.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

Sonykills.jpg  
    Last edited by jdoerty; 09-28-2010 at 11:26 AM

I don't have my ps3 yet, or a jailbreak method but I am going to go ahead and download some ps3 games. A lot actually, that I will probably never play more than 5 mins just to see the opening vid but if it pisses sony off, I am doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by semitope View Post
    I don't have my ps3 yet, or a jailbreak method but I am going to go ahead and download some ps3 games. A lot actually, that I will probably never play more than 5 mins just to see the opening vid but if it pisses sony off, I am doing it.
    Better watch it now! $ony will be at your front door ASAP! You better or suffer the consequences!

crap, I bought a 60gb that sat on a shelf for 3 years, upgraded it from 1.50 to 3.41 tried the jailbreak, upgraded to 3.42 then 3.50. I thought I was safe from banning but if sony is this paranoid I'm now scared that the bans will be here before xmas for any system that ever was jailbroken

If I bought a second ps3 for nothing and if my 60gb becomes un jailbreakable and non online compatable i'm going to throw it through one of sony america's windows.

wow they really are crazy xD haha well i'd say god luck getting info from my ISP lol, in sweden that's one long procedure, and cmon are they saying they are "going after people with knowledge?" i mean yea knowledge is power, and they are scared to shit to loose their power.

This is sick, i mean gah dont even find words LOL i mean yea hehe

Internet is a free source to knowledge so GFY sony, i dont support piracy they should go ahead and put their effort on blocking/banning Jailbreakers on PSN imho, or something like that.

I mean do they have copyright on the exploit or what? i don't see what they are after -.-

Using Sony's logic: I think Sony should be sued by game developers for the sale of a device that allows piracy. There are still new PS3's (v3.41) on the shelf that allow this, correct? Hence they are facilitating the alleged piracy.

This is of course an idiotic idea but so is naming 1-100 John Doe's in a lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterrr View Post
    I wonder why they didn't go after geohot like they are with PSGroove, i mean he had read and write access to the vsh folder in dev_flash and MANAGED to dump 3.21 and retain otherOs months ago.. BTW this site was a huge source in a lot of different pdf docs.
    geofart didn't sell anything. Every company that has anything to do with $ony, gives them part of the profits. They obviously see a large market with these USBs, and I think they want in on it. lol

Question

How can sony sue over anything that does not contain their code or copy-written information? This is BS and I hope the courts stand up to the big corporations and look out for the little guys. They are doing everything they can, but I hope it bites them in the ass in the end. There only concern now is stop stop "piracy" at the cost of taking away end-users functionality, ie. OtherOS and 3rd party USB support.

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News