Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 79



  1. #51
    Senior Member PSPSwampy's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybologna View Post
    That's what I noticed too. Either Sony has children working for them watching online activities or they just can't spell period. We have a 9 year old son & even he knows "consoleSuspended" is two separate words. He also knows how to properly use grammar for the way it was used here.
    That is what is known as Camel case (because of the humps) - it's very common in development worlds because it allows you to use a single "word" but still leave it easily human readable.

    e.g. thisisasimplemessagebutitsnoteasytoreaditquickly
    thisIsASimpleMessageAndItIsEasyToReadItQuickly

    I'm not saying that the screen is fake or not - i'm just saying that just because consoleSuspended is one word with "strange" capitalisation doesn't mean it's wrong/stupid or that the screen is necessarily fake (although it IS now commonly accepted to be such). It's possible that it's just an enumerated value - e.g. from a list of ban reasons. I could see this easily being in "live" code!

    Sorry - just annoyed me that one

    PSPSwampy.

  2. #52
    Contributor Raze1988's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well, maybe someone homebrews a backup launcher with integrated faking or something. I bet some people are already working on their own homebrew apps.

    If the android port comes out before we get a better backup launcher, I'll have to test my willpower not to play backups until then

  3. #53
    Contributor superste2201's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Totally agree, camel case is always used in development.

    This screenshot is real but from a long time ago. IIRC.

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by xSTAZ View Post
    Wonder if this works, not to get banned... Remove the original internal hd, put in a new internal hd and install backup manager on it, and just play offline, When I want to play online, change back to the original hd...

    Would this be 100% safe or??
    That sounds safer yes, but I wouldn't call it 100% safe.

    Now, I am no expert at all, but if any of the game data is stored on the internal memory, then the answer would be no.

    Wait for a dev, or someone who knows how these things work can reply. I am giving you a guess, but I'm sure your guess is as good as mine.

  5. #55
    There is a way to know if they can detect it. Packet sniff the PS3 online connection, maybe using a wireless connection and a wireless packet sniffer on a laptop. Play the original game and the backup game and check the differences.

    If you don't want to take the risk you can also disconnect from the internet, play a lot of games, start the sniffer and connect and see if the games log is sent.

  6. #56
    I thought for $ony to ban a console they would have to void it some way. As the PSJ and PSGroove don't void the warranty in any way how can they prove the console is worthy of a ban? I hear a lot of lawsuits if any consoles get banned coz of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by spark32 View Post
    That sounds safer yes, but I wouldn't call it 100% safe.

    Now, I am no expert at all, but if any of the game data is stored on the internal memory, then the answer would be no.

    Wait for a dev, or someone who knows how these things work can reply. I am giving you a guess, but I'm sure your guess is as good as mine.
    With the latest firmware corrupting HDDs I wouldn't do this. It's a risk as it is without changing HDDs all the time.

    Also, the slim has no internal memory as everything is installed in the HDD. The phat units do have internal memory so maybe with them but I highly doubt it.
    Last edited by Jes03; 09-05-2010 at 08:59 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #57
    Sony doesn't scare me with their mumbo jumbo lies and scare tactics. I set my PS3 a while ago not to be able to use the internet. The second there is a PSP or PC version of the exploit I'll be using it.

    Just to clarify, after the system is reset there is no way for it to be detected, correct? As in we could use the exploit while the PS3 is set to be offline then connect online safely after the console is restarted.

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
    Just to clarify, after the system is reset there is no way for it to be detected, correct? As in we could use the exploit while the PS3 is set to be offline then connect online safely after the console is restarted.
    No one knows that 100% for sure.

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
    Sony doesn't scare me with their mumbo jumbo lies and scare tactics. I set my PS3 a while ago not to be able to use the internet. The second there is a PSP or PC version of the exploit I'll be using it.

    Just to clarify, after the system is reset there is no way for it to be detected, correct? As in we could use the exploit while the PS3 is set to be offline then connect online safely after the console is restarted.
    log files will still be there. all they have to do is scan your PS3. we are not sure as to where these logs are actually stored. If on the hard drive, you could theoretically wipe your system with PS3 restore, THEN connect online.

  10. #60
    Jes03 stated that the PS3 Slim has no internal memory - which is completely untrue. If that's the case, how are profiles, settings, and firmware updates saved?

 
Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News