Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    might have been good to wait until after the christmas holidays to release the hack. Sony is probably in the process of building a heap of new consoles for the holidays and they gonna be changing them to block the hack now instead of being unable to do so later when they still have a bit of the old stock left over from the holidays. Not that I know how sonys cycle works with their hardware.

Would it be possible to have users generate their own manager with a unique id? or change the id to match that of a game?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What I find funny, is that although people are worrying about the banhammer, they then go around and install "stealth" backup launchers, when the ones currently released are not stealth at all.

They simply change the Title ID which wont do the trick - as the games are still stored in /dev_hdd0/games/LAUN12345 - a VERY simple check for that folder would be enough to drop the banhammer on any retail console.

If you want to make your own stealth manager, which is highly recommended so that nobody else knows what your doing, check out the thread on it here.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If your console is banned can you still upgrade the firmware online ?

Or can you still use the ps3 browser ?

Quote Originally Posted by ahasverus View Post

well if they ban you from online you should still be able to get updates and use them via a cd or usb drive, just download them from sonys support page like yuo can at the moment. but if sony realy wanted to they could set a flag on your ps3 so it wont take any system updates either from online/usb/cd or a game that happens to come with the latest system update. you only need "game updates" if you want to play online.

Quote Originally Posted by ahasverus View Post

You can still upgrade your FW (I'm not sure about online, but you can download it off the Sony site and put it on a USB). And the web browser will still work fine. You just can't access PSN.

I have a question myself about PSN bans (and this should be answerable because anyone who has been banned before should know the answer, not just PSJailbreak bans).

Ok lets say I have a PSJailbreak and get banned for using it. I have 2 PS3's. My PS3 Slim gets banned, and it has my main account on it. My PS3 Fat remains unbanned, but also has my main account on it. They both run on the same IP address (or whatever it is when you connect through a router).

Now, will my main account get banned from PSN? And would my PS3 Fat not be able to access PSN either? (ex. IP Ban, PSN user ban, etc).
    Thanks to anyone that responds, this could be the dealbreaker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by spark32 View Post
    You can still upgrade your FW (I'm not sure about online, but you can download it off the Sony site and put it on a USB). And the web browser will still work fine. You just can't access PSN.

I have a question myself about PSN bans (and this should be answerable because anyone who has been banned before should know the answer, not just PSJailbreak bans).

Ok lets say I have a PSJailbreak and get banned for using it. I have 2 PS3's. My PS3 Slim gets banned, and it has my main account on it. My PS3 Fat remains unbanned, but also has my main account on it. They both run on the same IP address (or whatever it is when you connect through a router).

Now, will my main account get banned from PSN? And would my PS3 Fat not be able to access PSN either? (ex. IP Ban, PSN user ban, etc).
    Thanks to anyone that responds, this could be the dealbreaker for me.
    If Sony starts banning they will probably use your PS3's MAC adress. That's tied to the ps3's hardware so your PSN ID will probably be fine if you use your other PS3. Unless they also ban all PSN id's related to the violating PS3, but I doubt they'll do that.

Quote Originally Posted by b4rtsimps0n View Post
    If Sony starts banning they will probably use your PS3's MAC adress. That's tied to the ps3's hardware so your PSN ID will probably be fine if you use your other PS3. Unless they also ban all PSN id's related to the violating PS3, but I doubt they'll do that.
    OK thanks. I'll wait till more is known. And if I ever do jailbreak it, I'll just delete all my profiles that I use on my other PS3, and disable my slim's internet connection, as well as banning it from access on my server (just incase sony tries to be sneaky and connect through Wifi even though internet is disabled).

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    If you want to make your own stealth manager, which is highly recommended so that nobody else knows what your doing, check out the thread on it here.
    So you say that everyone should make hes own personal Backup Manager and don't share it with anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Mbb View Post
    So you say that everyone should make hes own personal Backup Manager and don't share it with anybody?
    It would be best - but mind you, Sony can and will still detect it, it just makes it a bit harder is all!

Lightbulb

Wonder if this works, not to get banned... Remove the original internal hd, put in a new internal hd and install backup manager on it, and just play offline, When I want to play online, change back to the original hd...

Would this be 100% safe or??

Sponsored Links
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News