Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Hmmm..

Sponsored Links
    whether or not it's fake we all know it's coming at some point in time, So i just hope that we can Unplug the device and play online without Sony giving us the Ban Hammer.

As I am fine with playing my backups Offline then when i want to play Online i'll use my real copies, this will cut down on Scratching and wear&tare on the games for the most part as i don't really play online much anyways. But if they start Banning people for just having the manager installed or games to HDD then that's some BS right there.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by apples7 View Post
    i'm using my phone internet for my ps3 so can they still track me from my phone ip address.
    If there is any truth to this it wouldn't matter how you connected because it is using the MAC address of the network adapter of the PS3. This is the same ID regardless of your internet connection.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Guys please don't make dupe posts and keep this thread on topic. It's already posted above in #2 that Mathieulh thinks it's fake, so nobody wants to read through another 30 posts repeating it.

The truth is simply that bans are bound to happen sooner or later, so if this round ends up being "fake" then next week or month etc it's bound to happen... meaning those who use PSJB should not go online (or use another PS3 to do it) to be cautious.

Yeah soon the banhammer will come, hopefully we will have a hideable backup manager by that time.
    Last edited by Mbb; 09-05-2010 at 02:44 PM

If you're expecting Sony to not ban people for just having the backup manager installed then you are very nieve.

I am on a Japanese PS3 online. Never played backed up games online and still o.k. I backed up 5 games and never played online and still no ban.

If it's fake or not, bans based on this backup manager ID are most likely going to occur. The ID of the backup manager could possibly be changed to avoid this, that is until Sony downloads it, and figures the new one out. Now if all of this leads to homebrew, it's probably possible to create an application to spoof the mac address to avoid being banned.

Quote Originally Posted by ChowSoljer View Post
    I am on a Japanese PS3 online. Never played backed up games online and still o.k. I backed up 5 games and never played online and still no ban.
    That is interesting, I mean... if you backup and play with no internet connection on the PS3, they can't ban you when you get back online (with no hack running), can they?

just some questions and thoughts:

would sony be possible to detect the use of psgroove if I use/switch to a seperate hdd while playing backups offline, and then switch back to the original hdd for online purposes?

I already tested to switch HDDs it worked, the XMB does not remain the same. the only things that still remains after changing HDD are the users in XMB.

if I use some tools to hide/modify the MAC-Adress of the PS3 or some kind of MAC-Forwarding and you get banned, would it be possible to change MAC-Mapping and make the ban useless?

I think banning PS3 by MAC would not make sense, because the PS3 has two MAC adresses (I think), one for the LAN and one for the WLAN adapter.

this news is scary anyway.

Well, i am not going online with my FFIII PS3 anymore Sony is gonna find out just like Microsoft and Jtag's. I don't go online with my Jtag i am not going online anymore with my PS3 i backed up games with...

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News