Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Obviously the district court of hamburg fined Graf 5.000 € for breach of the preliminary injunction last week.

The document (in german) is available here: openjur.de/u/86443.html

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    Another update from Graf's Blog: grafchokolo.com/grafchokolo-fight-sony.html/comment-page-8/#comment-4767
    SONY forced us to remove all PS3 technical stuff from this blog guys. I wonder how did they manage to “convince” the judge to allow it. Our law system is practically “eating” from hands of SONY, very sad. Many guys are making money with USB dongles for PS3 and i’m not allowed to put MYssssssssssssss PS3 insto service mode, it’s hilarious.

They claim that my OtherOS project supports piracy. I never had anything to do with piracy. Everyone knows it, make it clear to those judges who gave SONY those TROs against me. It would be interesting to know what kind of person those judges are and what they look like.

Sponsored Links

EC Complaint Against Sony, Helpful to Graf?

Sponsored Links
    Not sure if you deem this newsworthy, I didn't see this mentioned anywhere. This kind of information may be useful in defense of Graf, but seeing how Sony operates, you never know.

The complaints also touch on Sony's other shady business practices.

There is a PDF included (in German) with a rough translation.

We had an article before of how SONY abusing our privacy online and all that, so now an angry PS3 owner along with his lawyer just lodged a complaint to the European Commissioner of Justice and European Commission Data Protection Officer.

Speaking of German law, the PS3 owner i mentioned above and his lawyer has deeply checked the situation of graf_chokolo with SONY and this what he have to say:

We deeply checked all and all was legit to roughly translate the law for decompilation its UrhG §69e

The authorization of the right holder (aka sony) is not required when the decompilation of the code is required to gain interoperaibility of a computer and for the publishing of his hv bible etc it says basicly its forbidden to publish this information EXCEPT it is required to allow others to gain this interoperability of the system which is the case here

If the manufracturer (sony) doesnt unlock homebrew or install of other system on ps3 its allowed to reverse and publish it to grant others the option to install it to share the required knowledge how to get interoperability very detailed explained by law when it is allowed and it is here indeed
    [Register or Login to view links]
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

public_info_eu.pdf  

This is great now that the case is going before the EU Commission, hopefully it will shut sony's case against graf down.

Graf is a LEGEND. Keep up the good work and pestering SONY with your awesome attitutude.

keep rockin graf..

Sponsored Links
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News