Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Moved to the main page now, and +Rep DaedalusMinion for the news!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    HAHA seems like fail over flow is the real fail, sony will block this via network updates lmao if that is possible it will make fail over flow look so silly and geohot still gets prop cuz mah iphone is runnin limera1n, I LUV SONY. I smell a lot of banned consoles, good thing i have two.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    "We are aware of this, and are currently looking into it. We will fix the issues through network updates, but because this is a security issue, we are not able to provide you with any more details."
    In other words, we have no idea what were going to do as of right now...

Sincerely, I don't know why people just speach every word that came to their brains... tsc. Security isn't one or zero. Security is based on layers, and based on strategies.

It's completely possible to Sony make only their FW with PSN access, leaving us behind. For sure the executives are planing something to sue fail0verflow and geohot (billion dollars in risky), and development team are making a lot of changes in the concept... maybe, if they're good (and I think they are), they already had a plan to circunvent what happend now.

As I can see, everyone here have 2 consoles. One for hacking and stuff, and another one to play originals/PSN. It's a double edged knife to Sony.

Who said they can't revoke metldr? Maybe they have a way to do it... risky, but maybe they can do it... who said they cant trigger your console to brick forever and say: "screw you, you broke our agreement! buy another console and stay legal this time!"

C'mon people... are everyone thinking that a group of very skilled professionals who designed the console (plus IBM team) and have all the documents from the project are beated by some guys who reverse engineered the stuff? One of my best friend, who work on security office for IBM here at my country always say to me: "what my career will be without you black hat guys? I'll lost my job..."

It's fun to crack, but it's very more fun and proudly revert the game. Sysadmin's know what I'm talking about... And besides, crack stuff wont make you rich... and fame only will make you go to jail, if you're a black hat.

But, congratulations! Let's sit down and wait for Sony response.

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." Shun Tzu, in the art of war.

I'm not sure what fail0verflow and Geohot did was illegal but I'm fairly certain something like this (bricking consoles) would backfire big time on Sony and probably does border on being illegal. Especially since the legality of License Agreements is sketchy at best with it being null and void in certain locations. Also doesn't a EULA only cover software? I think at best they could void your warranty but that's about it.

However I am no lawyer so if there are any here feel free to correct.

Odds that they are going to make it so it's network only updates from now on, and make it so you can't update back to the same version?

All I can say is in comparison, in the Xbox world the hacker(s) who release custom DVD drive firmware always say their "stealth" firmware hacks can never be detected... then Microsoft suddenly pulls off a wave of console banning.

The people hacking the PS3 should not be so arrogant as to say that Sony can never re-secure the console. These are often the same hackers who go around saying "anything can be hacked" so they're just being hypocrites at that point. To use an old cliche, Never say never.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about all the potential there is now that the PS3 is hacked but it all seems like a bunch of over-inflated ego's talking and few are being realistic or objective about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E View Post
    Odds that they are going to make it so it's network only updates from now on, and make it so you can't update back to the same version?
    That's real unlikely, that'd mean "recovery mode" no more, don't know why people keep saying those things...

Quote Originally Posted by Ebani View Post
    That's real unlikely, that'd mean "recovery mode" no more, don't know why people keep saying those things...
    Plus there are still those who do not have the internet, and the on disc updates.

Makes me wonder that everybody welcomes homebrew (to be honest, for 99% of all people it means piracy.. No need to pretend that it doesn't), but nobody thinks about banning.. Seriously, do you think Sony won't distinguish the "homebrew" consoles and untouched one?

And until now, I haven't seen a word about unbanning and so on.. Yeah, XBOX can be unbanned, but hell, can it be done on PS3?
    Last edited by 01010247; 01-07-2011 at 04:33 AM

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News